Paneer Popcorn Recipe With step by step By Photo | Paneer popcorn Video | How to do Paneer Popcorn | Easy Paneer Starter
How many of you love Paneer? I am sure most of us :). For all the Paneer lovers here’s an easy, crispy crunchy and extremely delicious starter ” Paneer Popcorn “. It’s one of the most favourite snacks for most of the kids. Not just the kids .. these Paneer Popcorn are a big big hit in parties as an appetizer. Crispy from outside, soft from inside .. they not only are very delicious but also has a cute appeal to the eyes. They are also popular as Paneer Nuggets.
Do check the video of Paneer Popcorn here :
For all vegetarian folks, these Paneer popcorns are almost a replica of popular popcorn chicken. And if you are wondering what about the complexity? Trust me… they are so so simple and the final result is nothing less than the gourmet dish. The best part is you can make all the initial prep, store in the fridge and deep fry within minutes whenever required and enjoy hot. So are you ready for the cheesy treat Make them for your next party and be ready to receive accolades over these simple deep-fried goodies !!
Few points to note before making Paneer Popcorn:
- Use fresh soft Paneer so that they don’t become rubbery after frying.
- Cut the paneer cubes uniformly so that each of them gets cooked evenly.
- You can add tsp of garam masala powder instead of/along with herbs mix.
- To coat Paneer Cubes instead of bread crumb, you can use crushed oats / crushed corn flakes / roasted pulsed Poha.
- Take care not to make the batter too thin, else Paneer popcorn will turn oily.
- Vegans can replace Tofu instead of Paneer.
- 200 gm Paneer, Diced into cubes
- 1/4 cup Cornflour
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi
- tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- tsp Herb Mix / Oregano
- tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- Salt to taste
- Oil To deep Fry
- Bread Crumbs as required
- Dice Paneer into bite-sized cubes. Keep them aside till ready to use.
- In a big mixing bowl, add Cornflour, turmeric, Chilli powder, Pepper powder, herb mix, ginger garlic paste and salt to taste. Mix everything nicely.
- Add water little by little into the mixing bowl, just as required to make a paste as shown.. take care not to make a thin batter.
- Add diced Paneer cubes into the paste, mix such that all the cubes are well coated with the batter and marinate for 5-10 mins
- Assemble marinated paneer, bread crumbs and an empty plate.
- Roll each of the batter coated paneer cubes with bread crumbs.
- Keep the paneer popcorn covered in the refrigerator for 15-20 mins / more to firm them. If making for party, / as after school snack, you can finish the preparation till here and refrigerate and fry fresh when you are about to serve. This way you can serve hot n fresh when kids /guests arrive
- Keep oil to deep fry in a kadai / deep pan. Once the oil is hot, keep the flame on medium and deep fry the Paneer popcorn until golden brown from all side.
- Drain on tissue when golden and crunchy .
- Enjoy yummy Paneer Popcorn hot with your preferred dip like ketchup / mayo / chilli sauce