Kesari / Kesaribath is a popular and easy home made dessert which probably is the first sweet most of us tried cooking . It is one of my go to sweet when I have unexpected guests. Yep !! making them is that simple ,quick . But today i have for you all ” Pineapple Kesari / Pineapple Kesari Bath “ which is very common in marriages and hotels in Karnataka . In darshinis , it is usually served along with khara bath and named as chow chow chow bath .Some people call it pineapple pudding too .Though i am not a huge fan of kesari bath , pineapple kesari attracts me . With pineapples flavor and tanginess infused , this dessert tastes so delicious .Do try this classic and divine tasting Pineapple Kesaribath , i am sure you are gonna love it !!! Here you go….
Check Out the Video recipe here :
PINEAPPLE KESARI BATH
- 1 cup Medium Rava /Semolina /Sooji
- 3 cups Water
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 1/3 cup Ghee
- 1 cup pineapple, finely chopped
- as required Cashews, finely chopped
- as required Raisins
- 2 - 3 no cardamom powder/elaichi
- 2 drops pineapple essence, (Optional)
- a pinch Salt
- De skin and finely chop pineapple.
- Heat 1-2 tsp of ghee in a thick bottom kadai / pan and saute raisins & cashews in it ,one by one.When they turn golden brown remove and keep aside.
- Dissolve food colour in few tsp of water
- To the same kadai with leftover ghee, roast rava over medium flame for 3 minutes or until it turns slightly golden brown. Make sure it doesn’t get burnt .
- Boil water side by side and add it to the roasted rava. Carefully mix as it may overflow or spill.Immediately add finely chopped pineapple pieces and yellow color dissolved water too . Mix everything well .
- Close a lid and allow it to cook for 3-4 mins .
- Add sugar,salt and ghee.Mix everything . You will observe that kesari now becmes watery and gets a glossy look. Keep mixing until the kesari starts leaving its sides .
- Finally , add cardamom powder, pineapple essence ( if adding ) and nuts. Give a gentle mix and switch off .
- Now Pineapple kesari bath is ready to serve . Serve hot or warm .
- Be careful while adding hot water to the hot rava. Rava will splutter everywhere . So keep the flame on minimum while adding water .
- Add sugar only towards the end after rava is cooked while making kesari . Else rava will not be properly cooked .
- After it cools , kesari bath becomes little tight as ghee solidifies . However if you warm again , ghee will melt and make kesari bath again soft and shiny .
- Do not compromise on the quantity of ghee.Else your kesari will lack glossiness and tasteless . If you are OK , you can add more than mentioned but not less than that.
- If you want you can use oil and ghee 50: 50 ration . Usually in hotels they do so . Addition of oil helps in maintaining loose texture of kesari bath . But use only sunflower oil as it hs no strong smell .
- It stays good at room temperature for 2 days and for nearly 4-5 days in the refrigerator. The second day it tastes even better with a nice pineapple flavor