POHA LADDU RECIPE | HOW TO DO POHA LADDU | EASY POHA LADDU RECIPE | HOW TO DO AVAL LADDU RECIPE | HOW TO DO AVALAKKI UNDE | POHA LADOO WITH STEP STEP BY STEP PICTURES
Today i have for you all a quick super easy traditional dessert that’s apt for any festivals / as an evening snack. Poha laddu /Avalakki unde is prepared with a thick variety of poha, dry coconut, ghee, copra and sugar. Since it doesn’t involve any syrup preparing process, making this poha laddu is easy peasy even for beginners. Poha laddu is one of the favourite neivedhyam options during Krishna Janmashtami as we all know Lord Krishna loves poha. So if you are looking for a sweet treat, that can be made in minutes, then these laddus are just for you. .made within minutes, these poha laddus tastes delicious. Do try and enjoy 🙂
POHA LADDU RECIPE | AVAL LADDU RECIPE | AVALAKKI UNDE
- 1 cup Poha / Beaten Rice / Avalakki, thick variety must
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/2 cup dry cococonut / kopra
- few Nuts, ( Cashews ,kishmish )
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Heat tsp ghee in a frying pan. Roast the broken cashews and raisins until raisins are puffed up. Keep it aside.
- Dry roast beaten rice ( poha ) along with dry coconut ( kopra ) on medium flame . Let poha get crisp . Keep it aside to cool .
- Make a fine powder of sugar using mixer grinder. Add roasted poha and dry coconut mix. Pulse fine.
- In a kadai heat ghee. Add powdered poha-coconut - sugar mix to the hot ghee. Add fried nuts, cardamom powder and mix everything.
- Mke laddus when the mix is till warm by taking small portion in hand. If you are finding the mix little dry/crumbly, you can add few tsps of milk . However note that, adding milk will reduce shelf life.
- Store Poha laddu in an airtight container and enjoy as required. Stays good for 15 days min .
- You can use fresh grated coconut also but then the shelf life will come down
- If you want to reduce Ghee , If you are finding the mix little dry/crumbly, you can add few tsps of milk. However note that adding milk will reduce shelf life.
- You can use brown sugar or jaggery .
- Can add roasted khus khus ( poppeye seeds ) .