POTATO FRY RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | ALOO FRY RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | BABY POTATO FRY RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PICS
Today i have for you all one easy , simple and very common side dish that can be prepared in a jiffy . I know many of us know how to make ” Potato Fry ” .. but for people who are new bees to kitchen … i am sure this step by step explanation would help. There are many ways one can make Aloo fry .. today i am showing one of the simplest yet delicious version. My kids lovvvveeee Aloo fry to the core .. Afterall who doesn’t lie Potatoes 🙂 . Paired with Dal/rasam/ Curd rice they are irresistible .. actually even with Roti .
For bachelors n beginners, this South Indian Style Baby Potato fry recipe is like a blessing. There are little chances to err and the end result most of the time is finger-licking. Yes friends its such a super easy aloo roast recipe that can be prepared within 20 minutes using basic ingredients from the pantry. One can use regular potatoes or baby potatoes. The method is the same for both .. in the pic I have made using baby potatoes. Taste wise both are almost the same but look wise baby potatoes fry is super cute 🙂
Few points to note while making Potato Fry Recipe :
- As said earlier .. don’t overcook potatoes. After pressure releases, drain potato nicely so that they don’t absorb water n become soggy.
- If you want you can add onion also. Little garam masala powder .
- Alter spices as per your choice. We like spicy, so have added a little extra chilli powder.
- Before adding spices, oil should not be fuming hot. Else spices will burn quickly and taste will spoil.
So are you ready to try ? Here you go….
POTATO FRY RECIPE / ALOO FRY RECIPE / BABY POTATO FRY
- 1/4 kg Potato / Baby Potatoes
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- few Curry Leaves
- pinch Hing /Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Haldi /Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Dhania powder/coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Jeera Powder / cumin powder
- 1-2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Wash potatoes nicely and Pressure cook in enough water for 2-3 whistles . Take care not to over cook potatoes.. they should not be mushy. Just cooed yet firm .
- Once pressure is released, drain water and allow potatoes to cool. Peel skin. Dice potatoes to required size. If using baby potatoes , you can retain small sized potatoes as such and just dice the bigger baby potaoes into 2/3 pieces.
- Heat a pan and add oil . Once oil is hot , splutter mustard and curry leaves.
- Before adding spices, If the oil is too hot, keep the pan away from the flame / keep the flame in low. Add all the spices one by one .. ie hing, haldi, red chilli powder, dhania powder, jeera powder and salt. Give it a quick stir. Note to keep the flame on low, else masala will burn.
- Add 1-2 tsp water .. mix.
- Now add boiled peeled potatoes. Combine everything nicely such that masala is well coated on potatoes. Fry the potatoes nicely on a low flame for 8-10 minutes such that potatoes get nicely roasted and gets golden brownish spots here and there.
- Baby potato fry is now ready to be served .. enjoy with Dal Rice / Rasam Rice / Curd Rice / Roti etc.