Looking for some healthy breakfast items ? I am sure most of us are ..Apart from being healthy, it has to be tasty,easy n has to receive thumbs’up from all…Right ? Generally if something is made of a healthy ingredient it doesn’t attract people .Well… I am super confident that’s my today’s post ” Ragi Dosa / Ragi Dose / Fingermillet crepes / Nachni Dosa” fulfills all these criteria and will definitely make your breakfast or dinner a sumptuous one. It is Gluten free ,nutritious, high in dietary fiber, tasty n crispy crunchy.
Growing up i had got a very close insight of diabetics through my grandmother.Poor mom used to prepare for her diabetic friendly dishes, but granny used to get angry.Finally mom learnt many dishes,which we all could relish along with granny.Ragi Dosa is one such dish.There are two variations,the instant ones and the other fermented Ragi dosa.Today i’ll post the fermented method of making Ragi dosa in memory of my granny which she used to love when compared to the instant ones.Easy to make,yummy to taste and very crispy crunchy.
FERMENTED RAGI DOSA
- 2 Glass ragi
- 1/4 Glass Urad dal
- 1 tsp Methi seeds
- Salt, as needed
- Soak the Urad Dal and fenugreek seeds for at least four hours. Then grind it into a smooth batter.
- Stir in the Ragi flour and salt.Mix well so that there are no lumps Set it in a warm place to ferment overnight
- Morning due to fermentation the volume of the batter would have increased.Add water if required to get dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a dosa tawa, take a ladle of ragi dosa batter and spread it in circular motion. Drizzle little oil around the dosa. Depending on your liking ,you can spread thin like paper dosa or do like uttappa.I normally do thin dosas.
- Once it gets cooked, flip it and Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar or chutney powder or any chutney. This dosa will be crisp yet soft and delicious.
- As a variation you can top these dosas with grated panner / grated cheese / chopped onions /capsicum / potato stuffing ( like masala dosa)
- while making next dosa rub the tawa with a cut onion disc . This will help in removing the dosa easily.