I love dosas and try to make varieties of them . Today i have one unique dosa made from seasonal special raw jackfruit .. that’s Raw Jackfruit Dosa .. an authentic coastal Karnataka dish . The best part about these dosas are it needs no fermentation . Just soak rice , grind it with raw jackfruit and our instant dosa batter is ready .Yes its that easy and quick…
I have already posted quite a few variety in dosas using veggies like cabbage dosa,ridge gourd dosa,tomato dosa,cucumber dosa , corn dosa , lady’s finger dosa etc and today its Raw Jackfruit Dosa. Do give a try.. i am sure you will like these crispy Instant Raw jackfruit Dosa…
Have you ever tasted raw jack fruit and used them as vegetable ? Its a very good source of dietary fiber for vegetarians. Jack fruit is the seasonal specialty right now (summer ) and the best part is,it is edible in all its stages. Tender raw ones goes for sabzi , curry , pulao etc,matured raw ones for chips and then comes the ripe fruit . Even the seeds of the fruit are not thrown off (yes..you read it right).They too can be used in many delicacies like rasam , stir fry etc.
But the most boring and time consuming part in jackfruit is its cleaning and cutting. Once that’s taken care of, Making any dish is just a step away.Do follow this video and give a try. Cutting at home is actually not that difficult afterall the end result is worth all the trouble ????
So are you ready to try out this easy raw halsinakayi dose ? Here you go ….
RAW JACKFRUIT DOSA RECIPE / HALASINAKAYI DOSE - RAW JACKFRUIT RECIPES
- 1 cup Rice / dosa rice
- 1-1.5 cup raw jackfruit
- 1/4 cup Grated coconut
- Salt to taste
- Oil to make dosas
- When we cut Jack fruit , a thick "milk" oozes from it. This is sticky in nature and stains. So without forgetting ,before cutting rub generous amount of coconut oil to your hand and grease the cutting knife too.
- Cut the raw jack fruit into half and later into medium size long pieces.Remove outer thorny green skin and the center stalk part.
- Cut the clean jack fruit into small pieces and put them into water immediately,else they will dis color. Leave it in water for 5 mins. You can observe that the water would be little brownish now. Discard that water.
- Wash and soak rice for 3-4 hours or you can soak over night too .
- Later grind Raw jackfruit , coconut and salt along with rice. Grind them to a nice smooth batter. Take the ground batter to a vessel. Consistency should be like normal dosa batter
- Heat a tawa.Pour a laddle full of batter. Spread it in circular direction to make it to thin dosa. Drizzle few drops of oil around it.Cover and cook on medium flame for abt 1-2 mins.
- No need to flip over and cook.Once its done, the dosas come out easily from the tawa .
- Fold and serve crispy raw jackfruit dosa accompanied with chutney or sambar or chutney powder of your choice. Relish when hot to enjoy the crispiness.
- If you want you can add coconut , jeera / green chilli and make it little spicy .