Raw Mango Kadi recipe with step by step Photos| How to do kadhi without curd | How to do Kadhi without dahi | Dairyfree Kadhi Recipe | Vegan Kadhi Recipe
” Raw Mango Kadhi ” – a great lip-smacking dish made from raw mango and besan which is a treat to your taste buds. Creamy, tangy, spicy, bursting with flavour.. it tastes amazingly delicious. Another good thing about this dish is .. unlike other kadhis .. this raw mango kadhi recipe doesn’t need any curd/yoghurt… hence making it perfect for people who are in the lookout of dairy free – Vegan dishes. The tanginess from raw mango does the job of curd. Do try and enjoy with a bowl of hot steamed rice …
Though we all like a variety of food ..love eating in restaurants…end of the day if you ask anyone, nothing can beat a simple home cooked food. This raw mango kadhi represents comfort food, summer special food. Its simple n humble, its spicy n tangy n above all its so yummy..
do check this Gujrati ripe mango Kadi
Raw mango kadhi is basically raw mango boiled in a tempered flavoured yoghurt gravy. Unlike other kadhis, we don’t use curd in this dish .. thanks to raw mango. If you are bored of eating plain normal kadhi and looking for a change… then you must try this one… here we go…
RAW MANGO KADHI RECIPE
- 1 no Raw mango, sour pref
- 1/2 cup besan/ gram flour
- 1/2 tsp Haldi /turmeric
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2+1 tsp Oil/ Ghee, if bvegan skip ghee & use oil
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds /methi
- 1-2 nos Red Chilli, Broken
- tsp Hing /Asafoetida
- few nos Curry Leaves
- Wash and dice raw mango to the size required. If you want you can peel off skin .. I usually don't.
- Take a pan / kadai . Splutter mustard, jeera, methi seeds, hing, Red chilli and curry leaves in ghee/oil.
- Add diced raw mango, haldi and salt. Saute 2-3 mins
- Meanwhile .. in a bowl whisk besan and water such that they are lump free. Keep aside.
- Add besan batter + 1 cup water to the sauteed raw mango. Mix. Cover and cook kadhi for 10 mins till raw mango is cooked .
- Once raw mango is cooked, besan is cooked .. simmer the flame and boil the kadhi well. Taste test and check consistency. Add salt/water if required .. mix.
- Prepare a tempering. heat oil/ghee. Splutter curry leaves .. switch off and add red chilli powder. If ghee is very hot, chilli powder will get burnt taste... hence always add when oil is not too hot.
- Pour the tempering over raw mango kadhi. Mix and allow kadhi to sit for 3-4 mins.
- Enjoy Raw mango Kadhi with hot rice .. tangy and tasty.