Sabsige Soppu Chitranna | How to do Sabsige Soppu Chitranna Recipe with step by step photos | Dill Rice | Dill leaves Rice Recipe with step by step photos | Dill leaves Bath
Today’s dish, Dill leaves Rice / Sabsige Soppu Chitranna is very tasty, quick and easy to make and a perfect lunch box option. It can be made in festivals too without adding onion. Apt dish to empty off leftover rice. Simple, healthy and very nutritious … this sabsige soppu chitranna is always a go-to recipe whenever I have to fix something in jiffy .
Dill leaves are known as Sabsige Soppu in Kannada, Shepu or Suva bhaji in Hindi. We all know, how healthy and aromatic Dill leaves is. But the flavour of dill leaves reduces the longer it is cooked. So to retain its full flavour and aroma, don’t overcook it.
In Karnataka, dill leaves stir fry (without tuvar dal ) is one of the most common dishes served to a new mom as it’s known to aid lactation. When I too was in that phase, almost daily I was served this sabzi along with pepper rasam and other dishes and not even 1 day I got bored eating it .. just enjoyed every bite if it … the aroma when fresh dill leaves are getting cooked itself is so tempting… Hmm….
Chitranna / Lemon Rice is one most staple dish from South India which is often an essential part of any South Indian meal. Made from pre-cooked rice, lemon and tempering .. this humble dish tastes absolute yumm. One can add some extra flavouring while making chitranna, like adding avarekalu, capsicum, Amla,dill leaves etc. Chitranna made from fresh dill leaves is so aromatic that you’re neighbour will surely know what’s cooking in your kitchen. 🙂 Dill Leaves chitranna is very simple where the flavour is majorly from Dill leaves. Do try and enjoy …
SABSIGE SOPPU CHITRANNA / DILL LEAVES RICE RECIPE
- 1 1/2 cup Any Rice / Sona Masoori
- 3/4 -1 cup Dill leaves( sabsige Soppu )
- 1/2 onion optional
- few fresh / frozen peas optional
- 3-5 nos Green Chilli
- Coriander leaves chopped
- Lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp Haldi turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 2-4 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 Mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp urad dal
- 1/2 tsp Channa dal
- handful of Peanut
- 1-2 red chilli broken
- few Curry Leaves
- Wash rice and cook it in the proportion 1: 2.5 ie 1 glass rice 2.5 glass water. The cooked rice grains should be separate, not mushy. Once cooked, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate. This will make the grains separate further & also helps to cool quickly. Allow the rice to cool completely.
- Clean, wash and finely chop dill leaves finely.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan / kadai. When oil is hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal, channa dal and groundnuts. When mustard seeds splutter nicely, add red chilly and curry leaves. Saute.
- Add chopped onion and peas if using . Saute 2-3 mins.
- Add Dill leaves, turmeric and salt . Saute 3-4 mins. Don't overcook.
- Masala for Dill leaves chitranna ready.
- Add cooked cooled rice to the pan. Squeeze lime & Mix them thoroughly & gently. Ensure no rice lumps are formed.Taste test.
- Tasty & Easy Sabsige chitranna / Dill rice is ready to serve. Serve at room temperature as such or with papad / raitha.