Pressure cooker is probably one of the most important kitchen gadget in India . Most of us have multiple pressure cookers with different specifications and capacity which we use it in our day to day cooking . Be it for making rice / pulao / cooking veggies / legumes oe even steaming Idli Dokhla . Yes such handy they are making our life so easy saving lot of time and energy . So today i am happy to introduce you all to ” TTK Prestige Clip On Pressure cooker ” – a new innovative product from TTK Prestige . TTK prestige has collaborated with me to create some healthy useful recipe using this product . Lets see today how to make Soya Chunks Biryani in a Clip on pressure Cooker . Soya chunks biryani is also known as meal maker Biryani . Its very delicious and a perfect one pot dish for the busy lifestyle .
About TTK Prestige :
I am sure TTK Prestige requires no introduction from me as it has been over the years the household brand name in India and pioneer in the kitchen appliance and utilities. Prestige offers to the consumers the largest range of pressure cookers, cookware, kitchen appliances like gas stoves, mixer grinders, food processors, rice cookers, barbecues, electric irons, etc.
About TTK Prestige Clip ON Pressure Cooker :
I still remember the first iconic Prestige cooker ad that used to come in Doordashan those days when i was a kid … ‘Jo biwi se kare pyaar, woh prestige se kaise kare inkar?’ . Since then to till date … Prestige name has become synonymous with pressure cookers.Constant innovation and excellent customer relations is a hallmark of the TTK Prestige brand .It has now com up with a new innovative product – “Clip ON Pressure Cooker ” – India’s first cookware that can also pressure cook . Now use the same cookware to boil , fry , saute , pressure cook and serve … perfect for the new age modular kitchen .
If you ask me some highlight features of the product, here they are:
- Cook and serve : The elegant design of the Clip On range of pressure cookware allows you to cook and serve in the same cookware. From kitchen to table … all taken care with 1 vessel . Saving a lot of kitchen space .. perfect for a modular kitchen.
- Unique Clip On universal pressure cooker lid : When i was beginner handling cooker , i used to find closing opening of cooker lid very confusing . As if a solution for this .. Prestige clip on model has come up with a design such that universal pressure cooker lid can be placed on the utensil in any direction and can be securely locked without any hassles.The same unique lid can be used to convert any multiple Clip On utensils like Kadhai, Handi or Casserrole in this pressure cook range into a cooker. Wow !! That’s so much saving … both cost wise as well kitchen space wise .
- Elegant glass lid with laddle holder : This pressure cooker comes with a glass lid which can be used to close the cooker when it is converted into a serve-ware . It also has a slot in the center which can hold the ladle while cooking .
- Safety system : This revolutionary pressure cookware is designed for maximum safety. Clip On pressure cookware comes with 4 safety devices – The weight or whistle, the pressure indicator, gasket release system and the safey valve. The Clip On range is one of the safest pressure cookers from Prestige.
- Heavy bottom pan & usage : The pressure cooker comes with heavy bottomed base which helps in uniform heat distribution . The cooker can be used both on traditional gas stove as well for induction cooking .
Seeing the advantages, you may now ask me… are there no flipsides to this wonder cookware. It has a few disadvantages which can always be side-lined to the positives:
- Whistle sound is a bit low and doesn’t blow for long when compared to the regular cookers . So one needs to concentrate and be little alert in keeping a tab on number of whistles .
Having tried this cookware, I would definitely recommend it to all especially those who are love clean minimal kitchenware. With a 5 year waranty and almost zero maintenance .. a must have gadget for the Indian kitchen . When you get a cooker, make sure to get the best ones like the TTK Prestige Clip ON Pressure cooker. This will save you from the many hassles and disadvantages that a normal or typical cooker could have.
Now lets see .. how i did Soya Chunks Biryani using this gadget ..
Basmati rice – 1 cup
Soya chunks – 20-30 nos
Onion – 1 medium size
Tomato – 1 medium size
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tsp
Green Chilli -1 , slit
Veggies ( Carrot , peas ) – small cup ; optional
Curd – 3 tblsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 & 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1 tsp
Coriander / dhania powder – 1/2 tsp
Kasoori methi – few
Coriander leaves, chopped – few
Salt – As needed
To temper :
Ghee or oil – 3 tbsp
Bay leaf – 1
Cinnamon – 1 inch piece
Cloves – 2-3 nos
Cardamom – 1-2 nos
Jeera/ cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Wash and soak rice in water for 20 mins. Drain water completely.
Boil water .Add soya chunks and cook them for 3-5mins. Switch off and let it rest for 15mins. Later drain water and wash it in running water for 1-2 times to get rid of the raw soya smell.Drain out extra water .
In a pressure cooker heat oil + ghee together. Once its hot, add cumin seeds,bay leaf,cloves,cinnamon and cardamom .
- Once the cumin seeds splutter, add onion ,green chillies and ginger garlic paste. Fry nicely till onion turns light brown in color.
- Next add chopped tomato and saute till they become mushy. ( add little salt while frying so that onion n tomato will get done quickly )
- Add curd , coriander powder , salt , turmeric , kasoori methi and garam masala powder . Saute for 1-2 mins .
- Add soya chunks , peas and carrot .Saute for 2-3 mins .
- Add drained rice. Mix.Saute for a min or two
- Finally add hot water and coriander leaves. Mix and taste test. Salt and spice level should be slightly on higher side at this stage. Once the water starts boiling,close the lid and keep the flame to medium . Cook for 2 whistles and switch off the flame.
Once the pressure releases ,gently fluff it up using a fork.Serve the delicious Soya chunks biryani hot hot with any raita of you choice.