Today i have for you all a very healthy breakfast dish — Soya Dosa . If you are looking to include healthy soya bean in your diet this dosa is just perfect.No one can find out that it has soya in it…nice healthy variation to regular dosa .Try this healthy, tasty and crispy soya Dosa Recipe for breakfast / dinner and relish it along with your favorite chutney, Sambar or chutney powder.
Breakfast is the most important meal and i never skip it . Preparing healthy, filling and a different variety breakfast each day is a daunting task . So i am always in the look out of some new variety which can entry into my breakfast variety . They not only have to be tasty but also healthy .. and if its too .. wow !! what more can i ask .
This soya bean dosa is one such recipe which cleared all those categories . I saw it in one cookery show .. but it was an instant version .. no fermentation method . Somehow .. i didn’t like the taste of when i followed that method . Later I tried fermenting and made dosas again with the left over batter . Bingo .. they were thin , crispy .. and just like regular dosa.. no raw or strong flavor of soya . Whole family loved it .
Few points to note while making Soya Dosa :
- You can make these dosa thick or thin .
- Instead of soya bean .. you can add soya flour too . After grinding the batter .. mix soya flour and allow to ferment . Add little less than 3/4 cup
You too try making this healthy soya dosa and see how you like it .. Here you go …
SOYA DOSA RECIPE / SOYABEAN DOSA RECIPE
- 2 cups Dosa rice / Normal rice
- 1/2 cup Soya bean
- 1/4 cup Black Gram / Urad Dal
- 2 tsp Fenugreek seeds/ methi seeds
- 1 tnsp Split Bengal gram/ Chana dal
- Wash and soak soya bean, rice, urad dal, chana dal and methi in adequate water for 6-8 hours .
- Discard the excess water and grind to a fine batter using a blender or grinder.
- Add salt and mix well . Keep it aside for fermentation overnight or for 6-8 hours.
- Morning the batter would have fermented well. Stir the fermented batter. Check the consistency. If required add some water
- Heat a griddle, grease with oil. Now pour a spoonful of batter and turn in clockwise to small circles.
- Drizzle few drops of oil around and cover and cook on medium flame for about 1-2 mins. No need to flip over and cook.Once it's done, the dosas come out easily from the tawa.
- Serve Soya Dosa along with your choice of chutney / Sambar /chutney powder.