pring Onion Paratha | How to do Spring Onion Paratha with step by step photos | Masala Chapati recipe | How to do masala chapati | How to do Masala Roti
Today i have for you all a tasty and delicious Indian Flatbread made by combining spring onions, whole wheat flavour and Indian spices . These Spring Onion Paratha are very easy to make and can carry for lunch box too.One can munch them as such or just pair with some pickle/raita..makes a perfectly nutritious breakfast/meal/dinner. The best part is, you actually don’t need any side dish with these Spring Onion Paratha as they already have spices. Can be called as Masala Chapati / Masala Roti too 🙂
Spring onions are called as Eerrulli Kaavu in Kannada. We can’t store spring onions for many days as they start wilting in 2-3 days so I try to finish them off soon before spoil.Mainly people use it to for garnishing salads, noodles, soup, Manchurian, fried rice etc but there are so many other wonderful recipes out of it. I have shared before spring onion pakoda , spring onion chutney ,Spring Onion Pakoda, here and today it’s time for Spring Onion Paratha.
SPRING ONION PARATHA RECIPE / MASALA CHAPATI / MASALA ROTI
- 1- 2 big bunch Spring Onions / Eerulli kaavu Finely chopped
- 2 cup Wheat flour
- 2-3 no Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger Finely chopped / Grated
- 1 tsp Kasoori methi
- few Coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Haldi turmeric
- 1 tsp Dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp Jeera Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Oma / Ajwain
- Oil/ Ghee as req
- Salt to taste
- Clean, wash and finely chop spring onion. Soak kasoori methi for 10 mins in a cup of water .
- Take a wide mixing bowl. Add chopped Spring Onion, Ginger, Green chilli, soaked Kasoori methi and all the dry masala powders: ajwain, dhania powder, Jeera powder, Garam masala, haldi and salt.
- Nicely crush and mix with your hands to get maximum flavor.
- Add wheat flour and combine. Later add water little by little and mix well to make a soft dough.
- Smear little oil and rest for 10-15 mins.
- After the resting period is over, knead again and make sure dough is soft yet non-sticky. Divide the dough into equal sized balls .
- Take 1 dough ball and roll it into thin discs of required size by dusting dry flour ( Maida / wheat flour ) .
- Heat a thick tawa and place the rolled spring onion paratha on the tawa. When tiny bubbles start appearing on the top surface, flip, apply oil/ghee and let it cook for abt 30 sec. Turn it again and apply oil to the other side. Press down the paratha using the spatula, rotate and press again, so that they get roasted uniformly.
- Serve Spring Onion Paratha hot with any pickle /raita / even ketchup too.
- I have soaked kasoori methi for 5-10 mins and added. This extracts more flavour. For curries, we don't do this as while boiling flavour comes out,
- Spring onion and other spices quanity you can plus or minus .