SPROUTED METHI SEEDS SALAD recipe with step by step photos | Menthe kosambari | Fenugreek seeds salad | How to do methi seeds salad
Today i have for you all … an easy, very healthy and tasty ” Sprouted Methi Salad / Sprouted Fenugreek Seeds Salad ” . Though one can make sprouted methi salad in different ways ..today i would be sharing it in Kosamabari style… Menthe kosambari. Usually, during summer .. my one meal happens to be salad and my kids evening snacks are that. So I often make Cucumber kosambari, carrot kosambari , Sprouts kosamabri etc …love each of them to the core. Low on calories .. high on nutrients .and an absolute visual treat to see a bowlful of colourful fresh salad… Isn’t it ?? An absolute healthy dish that can be binged without thinking much about the weighing scale. Trust me they won’t taste that bitter…Do try for sure and you will agree with me..
Cooling body naturally with natural cooling food is the best way to beat the summer heat. Sprouted Methi Salad is apt for summer, as they naturally reduce the body heat.
As we all are aware, fenugreek seeds has lot of medicinal values. They improve digestion, prevents constipation, gastritis, reduces cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Fenugreek seeds are also traditionally used to enhance milk production in lactating mothers in India. I remember my mom giving me almost every day these fenugreek dosa and methi lehya after my delivery for the initial few days. Even this earlier posted menthe gojju / methi sprouts curry tastes amazing.
I never buy sprouts from the store but always prefer making them at home. This ensures quality and freshness of my sprouts are great it moong, channa, horse gram etc. Making sprouts at home is very easy …As we all know how healthy sprouts is.. we must include a limited quantity of sprouts every day in our diet in some form or the other. Though you can make many dishes from sprouts … salad tastes best only when made from fresh ingredients.
How to get methi sprouts: Soak methi seeds in water for 5-6 hours/overnight. Later drain the water completely and tie up the drained seeds in a muslin cloth. Place the cloth potli inside a casserole or any container and keep it covered. Sprinkle little water every 12 hours or so. You will notice fresh methi sprouts coming out after 2 days … if it’s winter it may take 3-4 days . When you bite the seed with the sprout .. you will be surprised that they are not that bitter any more. of the bitterness from the seed is gone. Use these sprouts immediately or keep them in an airtight container in the fridge and use by 2-3 days.
Even in methi sprouts salad we can make different types.. but for today its in Kosamabri style .. so are you ready to make a note of it … Here you go….
SPROUTED METHI SEEDS SALAD / FENUGREEK SEEDS SALAD / MENTHE KOSAMBARI
- 1 big cup Sprouted Methi seeds / fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup tothapuri raw mango, chopped / grated
- 1/2 cup carrot, grated
- few pomegranate, optional
- 3-4 tsp coconut, grated ( optional )
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- Lemon juice, optional
- 1-2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Urad dal
- pinch of Asafoetida
- 1-2 nos Green Chilly, slit / chop
- few Curry Leaves
- In a big bowl mix sprouted methi, chopped cucumber, chopped raw mango ( tothapuri), grated carrot and pomegranate. Mix well.
- Time to prepare the tempering. Heat oil in a small pan. Once it turns hot, add the mustard seeds and urad dal. When it splutters, add asafoetida, green chilly and curry leaves and saute for a few secs. Turn off the heat.
- Pour the tempering unto the salad. Add grated coconut ( optional ) , salt and coriander leaves. Add salt only when you are about to serve. Else it will leave water .
- Yummy and healthy sprouts methi kosambari is ready to serve.
- If you want can add sprouted moong too /onion/tomato etc. You can plus or minus any quantities or get creative and add your own ingredient.No such rules or specific ingredients, No such rules or specific ingredients, No such rules or specific ingredients.
- Remember to add salt only just before serving. Else it will ooze out a lot of water.
- Typically kosambari is mild in taste. So don't add too many green chillies. If you want you can skip green chilli and just add broken red chilli while tempering.