Stuffed Mirchi Bajji Recipe | How to do Mirchi Bajji Recipe | Stuffed Menasinakai bajji recipe with step by step photo | Stuffed Mirchi Bajji recipe | Stuffed Chilli Bajji recipe with step by step photos
Who doesn’t love Bajjis? I am sure there are many out there who are a die hard fan of these “Mirchi bajji / Menasinakayi Bajji “. Stufffing these mirchi bajjis with a simple Potato masala makes it more intresting and tasty . Stuffed Mirchi Bajji’s accompanied with a cup of hot tea .. awesome ..What more do we need for a nice evening refreshment!!
The most commonly used chillies for mirchi bajji is Ooty chillies also known as banana peppers/Bhavnagari chillies .It is slightly fleshy and mildly spicy. Carefully pick the bigger white chillies as they are less hot. I have shared before regular mirchi bajji recipe and Andhra special cut mirchi bajji .. today it’s time for another classic variation , Stuffed mirchi bajji . During my recent trip to Rajasthan , i had lot of these stuffed mirchi bajji and we all loved it . After coming back , i wanted to make and share here . Do give a try .. i am sure .. your family will enjoy to the core 🙂 …
STUFFED MIRCHI BAJJI RECIPE | STUFFED MENASINAKAI BAJJI | MILAGAI BAJJI RECIPE
- 8 - 10 nos Bajji Chiilies/ Bhavnagari chillies/Long green chiilies
- Oil to deep fry
For the bajji batter
- 1 1/2 cup Gram Flour Besan
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- 1/2 - 1 tsp red chili powder
- a pinch Turmeric
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tbsp Hot oil for the batter
- Salt to taste
For the stuffing
- 2 Medium size potato
- 1/2 Medium sized onion finely chopped (optional )
- 2-3 nos Green Chilli finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder ( optional)
- few Mint / Pudina Leaves finely chopped ( Optional )
- few Coriander leaves finely chopped
- few Drops Lime Juice
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Split Black gram Urad dal
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- a pinch of Asafoetida/ hing
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder /Haldi few
- Curry Leaves finely chopped
- Heat oil in a kadai.Add urad dal ,mustard & jeera.Let the mustard seeds splutter and dal turn light brown.Now add hing,curry leaves,green chillies and onion.Saute till onion turns translucent.Add turmeric powder ,garam masala mix well and switch off.
- Add mashed potatoes to the tempering . Add salt to taste , lime juice , chopped mint and coriander leaves . Mix well .
- Potato stuffing for mirchi bajji is ready . Keep aside to cool .
- In a mixing bowl, mix besan,rice flour,jeera,haldi,chilly powder,soda and salt.
- Add water little by little.Mix such that no lumps are formed. Batter should be slightly thicker than dosa batter consistency.Add hot oil to the batter and mix well. Bajji batter is ready
- Slit the green chillies vertically retaining their stem and deseed them . Don't cut them fully.
- Stuff the chillies nicely and evenly such that the stufing is uniformly distributed through out .Arrange them on a plate
- In a deep pan / kadai , heat enough oil to deep fry the bajjis. When the oil is hot ,Dip stuffed chilli into the batter and drop carefully in to hot oil.
- Cook both sides until golden brown and crisp .Once done transfer the bajjis on a absorbent paper to drain excess oil.
- Serve immediately, hot hot stuffed mirchi bajji as it is or with mint chutney or with ketchup .
- Spices in the stuffing can be tweaked as per your choice.Like you can add garlic /ginger / coriander powder /red chilli powder etc.
- In the above i have used pudina and garam masala powder for extra flavor.If you want simple, you can omit them. But i would recommend to try with pudina.
- If doing for festivals or functions , you can omit onions.
- In the above , i have used rice flour to make the bondas little crisp.You can also add cornflour instead of that.
- Soda and addition of hot oil will make bondas crispy. If you want you can omit soda but hot oil is a must. Else texture of outer cover of bonda will not come good.
- The batter should be of right consistency.Too thin, will absorb lot of oil, if thick it will not cook properly.