Street food captures the heart and soul of any city. They are always famous irrespective of age and is enjoyed by one and all. Every city has its signature street food and Bangalore is no exception. Here you’ll find some unusual chaats which are popular in Karnataka but not known to many outside. Today I would like to introduce you to one of those chaats – “Tomato Cucumber Masala chaat “. This is basically a salad -type of snack, topped with raw vegetables, spices and crisps, giving a real delight to the taste buds with a crunchy ,spicy, savory and tangy taste. Sounds yummy right .. it turned out to be more delicious with a sprinkle of Sprig Sichuan Pepper & Sea Salt and smoked paprika powder. It enhanced the flavor of the dish by giving a nice punch a sharp & distinct taste.
I love spices and enjoy trying new spices and blends . I like to experiment them on different dishes to see how they work…and actually sometimes it helps in giving a nice interesting twist to our regular recipes . In my recent collaboration with Sprig Gourmet Products .. i got to experiment Sichuan Pepper & Sea Salt. The banner ” Sea salt collections from Pacific ocean ” and those cute attractive glass jars filled with 4 different flavored salt is sure enough to grab anyone s attention . Celery Sea Salt, Chipotle Smoked Sea Salt, Sichuan Pepper & Sea Salt and Rosemary and Lavender infused Sea Salt are the four variants . The packaging is quite eye catching, the quality excellent. Just a pinch of these spices adds a new zing to any dishes… Do check out .. i am sure you will be amazed by the refreshing flavors ..
So for all those Chaat lovers,calorie watchers here’s a guilt free snack .. pepped up by Sprig Sichuan pepper salt and smoked paprika .. Do try .. Enjoy !!!
I have given you the ingredients without the quantity.You use according to your preference. There is no hard rule for the measurements in this recipe.
Puffed Rice / Murmura
Chaat masala Chat
Sprig Smoked Paprika powder
Sprig Sichuan Pepper Salt
Sev for garnish
How to Assemble:
- Finely chop the onions, coriander leaves,grate the carrot & keep them aside.
- Cut the tomatoes and cucumber to slices (round discs). Arrange these slices next to each other on a serving plate
- Sprinkle sprig salt, smoked paprika powder,chaat masala powder over the tomato cucumber slices.
- Apply sweet chutney and green chutney on each tomato slices.
- Top it with chopped onions & grated carrot on each slice of the tomatoes
- Generously sprinkle sev & puffed rice .Garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately .Tomato cucumber masala chat is ready to relish .