I know preparing filling and a different variety breakfast each day is a daunting task . So today i have,one more breakfast option for you all … and this time its Poori. These pooris are a nice variation to the regular ones. I have already posted how to make the regular pluffy pooris and today its time for Tomato Poori .If you are bored of eating same old poori..you must try this as they are not only easy to make but a real treat to your taste buds.They are tangy,spicy n yummy…a keeper recipe for sure…
The tomato pooris have got a gorgeous color along with amazing flavors .if you are looking to clear off some ripe tomatoes , this is one of the best dishes.So easy to make by just adding some tomato puree along with some spices in wheat flour.They actually don’t need any side dish too making it one of the best dish to pack while travelling. Now off to the recipe :
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1 - 2 tbsp Fine Rava / Chiroti Rava
- 2 medium size Ripe tomato
- 1/2 tsp Caraway seeds /oma
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- few chopped Mint leaves/ pudina
- few chopped Coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp Ghee
- to taste Salt
- Oil to deep fry
- Make tomato puree .
- In a big bowl,mix wheat flour,semolina,salt,tomato puree,chili powder,cumin seeds,ghee ,coriander leaves and mint leaves,
- Mix everything together and make a medium stiff dough.Add few tsp of water if needed.Cover and rest the dough for 10 minutes.
- Now make small balls from the dough and dust with flour and roll to make medium thick pooris.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and gently slide the poori in the hot oil. Reduce the flame to medium low. Splash the hot oil from the sides using the slotted spoon on top of the poori .This helps in puffing up poori nicely.
- Turn over when puffed up and fry the poori till golden brown . Drain on a kitchen towel . Serve hot or cold with pickle,ketchup or just as such with a cup of tea.
- You may added little crushed kasoori methi too .
- Similarly you can make palak poori , beetroot poori , methi puri etc .
- Don't make the dough gooey / loose . Else it will absorb oil .
- Don't roll poori too thin or thick .It should be uniform.Don't allow the dough to sit for a long time
- Similarly u can make tomato chapathi too if you want to cut oil .