anTomato Soup – one of the most common and most favorite soup in Indian restaurants and Indian homes . My daughter loves Tomato soup .. so i usually make this tomato soup for evening snack or dinner . With some bread on the side this Restaurant style creamy tomato soup tastes just YUM !!!
Soups are always considered healthy,nutritious,easily digestible and best of all easy to feed toddlers and fussy eaters.Its also healer during cold and cough. My kids too love soups and whenever we visit any restaurants one of their order would be this tomato soup or sweet corn soup or mushroom soup . I have already shared those 2 soups and today its time for tomato soup . Usually in restaurants to thicken tomato soup cornflour is added . But i usually don’t add it instead use carrots which not only makes Tomato soup more healthy, more tasty .. but also gives nice thick creamy texture to our soup . Addition of basil leaves enhances the taste making tomato soup more tempting . So are you ready to jot down this simple classic recipe of Restaurant style Tomato Soup ?? Here you go …
Tomato Soup Recipe
- 5-6 medium size tomato
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 3-4 flakes Garlic
- 1/4 inch Ginger
- 8-10 Black Pepper
- few Basil
- 1 Bay leaf / Tej patta
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- cream to garnish ( optional )
- 1-2 tsp cornflour optional
- Heat butter in a pan . Add bay leaf and pepper corn.
- Later .. Add sliced onion , ginger piece and garlic flakes to it .. .saute for 2-3 mins till onions are translucent and raw smell from ginger garlic goes.
- To the sauted onions , add diced tomatoes , carrot cubes and little salt . Saute for 2-3 mins .
- Add few fresh basil leaves and continue sauteing for 2-3 minutes. If you don't have fresh basil.. you can use dry basil powder also . Add 2-3 cups of water
- Pressure cook the sauteed veggies for 1-2 whistles . Once pressure releases .. allow the veggie to cool .
- Keep aside the extra water , discard the bay leaf and blend the veggies to a smooth puree . Do paste as fine as possible . Pass it through a sieve or strainer and strain .
- To the strained tomato soup add water that you have kept to get the desired consistency . Add fresh crushed pepper , salt and sugar . If you are adding cornflour for extra thickness... dilute in water and add to the soup at this stage .zMix and boil well .
- If you want you can garnish with cream .Serve hot tomato soup with crispy croutons Enjoy !!!