Today i have for you all a popular restaurant style vegetarian side dish -” Vegetable Jalfrezi ” . Making restaurant style veg Jalfrezi at home is not difficult at all. Do try this simple semi dry side dish once .. i am sure you will love it ….Its delicious, colorful crunchy and very tasty …
It is believed that Jalfrezi was originated in Kolkatta as the word Jalfrezi is the colloquial Bengali word “jhalphrize” : in Bengali, Jhal – means spicy food; in Urdu/Persian, parhezi means suitable for a diet. Vegetable Jalfrezi is basically assorted veggies sauted in a spicy Indianised tomato base sauce . You can use your choice of veggies in your prefered quantity or make just using some paneer . The spicy , tangy and spicy curry is just lip smacking . That’s the reason .. this jalfrezi is not just popular in India .. but worlwide too . Jalfrezi is a good option to use as a filling for kathi rolls too . So are you ready to quickly jot down this yummy recipe of Restaurant style Veg Jalfrezi . .make it for your family and enjoy with your choice of bread or peas pulao or jeera rice …Here you go.. .
Similar recipes you may enjoy
VEGETABLE JALFREZI / EASY VEG JALFREZI RECIPE
- 4-5 cups mixed vegetables like Potato ,carrot, baby corn, beans, cauliflower,peas etc cut length wise
- 1/2 cup paneer cut length wise ( Optional )
- 1 medium size capsicum sliced
- 2 medium size Onions sliced
- 3 big Tomatoes pureed
- 1 Green Chilli slit
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2-3 tbsp Oil
- 1 no Bay leaf / Tej patta
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp Coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1 tsp Kasuri Methi /dried fenugreek leaves
- 4 tbsp Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Clean , Wash and cut all veggies as shown in Pic . Keep aside .
- Blanch the cut veggies in hot water for 8-10 mins to speeden the cooking process . This step is optional .. but i would advice
- Cut paneer length wise ad place in warm water till ready to use . This will make paneer soft
- Later , drain water and shallow fry paneer cubes on medium flame till golden brown, remove it on a paper towel and keep aside.
- Take a big kadai / pan . Add oil .When its hot add bay leaf and jeera .
- When jeera splutters .. add sliced onion . Saute till onions turn translucent and raw smell goes . Add ginger garlic paste and green chilli and stir for a min .
- Next add tomato puree . Add some salt and saute till tomato starts leaving oil
- When the tomatoes puree has changes color and started leaving oil .. add capsicum and tomato ketchup . Fry for a min .
- Time to add all the spice powders .. add 1-1 .. ie turmeric , salt , red chilli powder , coriander powder , kasoori methi and garam masala powder . Saute and combine everything well . Add 2-3 tbsp water .
- Now add all blanched veggies and toss it on medium flame and mix it well. Cook covered for few mins so that veggies are well cooked .
- When the veggies are 80 percent cooked .. add roasted paneer ..mix and continue cooking for another 4-5 mins so that paneer takes in flavors .
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and veg jalfrezi is ready to serve ...Enjoy it with phulka / chapathi / naan / make a kati roll etc ...
- You can use any vegetables as you prefer and as per your choice of quantity .
- Cut the veggies lungth wise only and don't over cook them . It is supposed to be little crunchy
- Dont skip capsicum and tomtao ketchup . they give a unique taste and flavor .