TOMATO CHUTNEY RECIPE / NO ONION NO GARLIC TOMATO CHUTNEY
Chutney is one of the crucial category in Indian cuisine. There are so many types of chutneys one can make .Among the long list of different chutneys today i have for you one easy and simple chutney made from tomato.I am damn sure many would be knowing the recipe of " Tomato Chutney " but there are so many ways one can make it . I have 4 -5 different recipes of making Tomato chutney and guess what .. each taste so different and tasty from one another .Few months back i have shared Tomato chutney version 1 and today its another quickie, easy and yummy Tomato chutney without Onion - Garlic . Do try this versatile chutney that would taste awesome with anything and everything...
NO ONION NO GARLIC TOMATO CHUTNEY
To temper :
- Wash and chop tomato roughly.
- Heat a pan adding a tsp of oil.Add red chillies, chana dal , urad dal, hing and curry leaves.Saute for few minutes till the lentils turn golden brown.
- Once dal turns golden brown add chopped tomatoes and little salt . Saute for few miuntes till tomatoes turns mushy . Addition of salt speedens the mushying process of tomatoes .
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down. Then transfer it to mixer along with salt. Grind to a fine paste. Add water if needed else moisture from tomatoes is sufficient to grind .
- Yummy tomato chutney without onion garlic is ready to serve. Finally temper it with mustard and curry leaves and serve with idli , dosa, chapathi ,paniyaram ,bread , rice etc and etc.
If you want you can add little jaggery and tamarind while grinding .
Thanks for reading the post....plz drop ur valuable comments.. it really motivates me...Also If you liked this post, I would really love it if you could share it ...Thank you !!