I am sure every one loves yummy lipsmacking Aloo chaat . Though they basically originated from the streets of Delhi its now famous across India . Aloo chaat recipe is basically very simple and making at home is damn easy but the end result is absolutely mouthwatering … perfect for anyone who loves spicy , chatpata food. Kids would relish it like anything . The best part is .. if we have mint chatney and dates chutney ready .. making this aloo chat hardly takes any time .Agree it’s high in calories .. but when something as tempting as Aloo chaat is in front of us .. forget the weighing scale and enjoyy .. and later pull your socks and run an extra mile .. hehe !!!
I love spices and enjoy trying out new spices and blends . I like to experiment them on different dishes to see how they work…and actually sometimes it helps in giving a nice interesting twist to our regular recipes . Recently i came across one such interesting Sea Salt blend collection at Sprig . The banner ” Sea salt collections from Pacific ocean ” and those cute attractive glass jars filled with 4 different flavored salt is sure enough to grab anyone’s attention . Celery Sea Salt, Chipotle Smoked Sea Salt, Sichuan Pepper & Sea Salt and Rosemary and Lavender infused Sea Salt are the four variants.
Lets see today how i incorporated Celery Sea Salt in our favorite Aloo Chaat . Celery Sea salt is a classic blend of robust celery with pristine sea salt from the Pacific Ocean. One can add it to any salads , sandwiches ,popcorns ,stir frys , juices, chaats, sandwiches, fried snacks, egg etc .A pinch of Celery Sea salt from Sprig added an extra zing to this Aloo Chaat . To spicen up and flavor up more .. i added Sprig smoked paprika powder …. Do give a try and enjoy …
ALOO CHAAT RECIPE / HOW TO MAKE ALOO CHAAT USING SPRIG GOURMET PRODUCTS
- 2-3 nos Potatoes, , boiled and peeled
- 3-4 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 small sized onion, , finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Sprig Paprika powder
- Sprig Celery salt, to taste
- 3/4 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder/ Jeera powder, roasted
- 2-3 tbsp Curd / Yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Mint Chutney / Green Chutney
- 1 tbsp Sweet tamarind chutney / imli-chutney
- Fine Sev, As required
- few Coriander leaves
- few Pomegranate seeds
- Pressure cook the potatoes for 2-3 whistle and peel the skin. Dice into bite size pieces .
- Shallow fry the diced potatoes on a pan using oil . Let they get little crisp . Actually in the chaat centre they are deep fried .. but i shallow fry / airfry ( trying to cut at least few calories 🙂 ) Transfer them to a mixing bowl .
- To the mixing bowl add finely Sprig celery salt ,Sprig Paprika powder, roasted cumin powder chaat masala and lime juice . Mix everything well .
- Transfer the Aloo chat to a serving plate .Top it with some onions ... Drizzle some thick chilled yoghurt ,green chutney and sweet tamarind chutney . Top with generous amount of sev ,few pomegranate seeds and finally some chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy aloo chaat immediately with a cup of hot Masala chai !!!
- Quantity mentioned in ingredients varies according to your taste . Use according to your preference. There is no hard rule for the measurements in this recipe.
- Instead of lemon you can use aamchoor powder too .
- Instead of shallow frying .. you can rub oil to the boiled potatoes and air fry or bake till they are crisp . If you are ok to deep fry .. you can do that too . Choice is your's and see what works for you 🙂
- If you want you can add few boiled chickpeas ( chana )