Restaurant style baby corn curry recipe
- 15 numbers Babycorn
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1 medium size capsicum
- 1 medium size onion
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Haldi
- 1 tsp Garam Masala / Chana Masala
- 1-2 tsps Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp kasoori methi /dry fenugreek leaves
- Salt, to taste
- a pinch Sugar
- 2 tsps Oil
- 1 tsp Butter
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- 1 Bay leaf / Tej patta
To Saute and grind
- 1 Big 1 Big Onion
- 2 medium size 2 medium size Tomatoes
- 2 medium size 2 medium Tomatoes
- Small piece Ginger
- 3-4 flakes Garlic
- 1 Green Chilli
- 5-6 Cashew
- 1 tbsp curd
- Pressure cook babycorn and green peas for 1 whistle on medium flame . Drain the water and keep it aside to use it later .
- Meanwhile , Soak cashew in warm water for 5-10 mins. Later grind cashews with curd to a smooth creamy paste, set aside.
- Add a tsp of oil and add the ingredients under 'to saute and grind' and saute till tomatoes turns little mushy.
- Cool down and grind it a fine paste.
- Next cut babycorn into small pieces as shown in pic. Vertical first and then horizontal cut . or you can cut to round slices too .
- Chop capsicum .Heat little butter in a pan / kadai . Saute for 2-3 mins and keep aside.
- To the same pan / kadai add some butter + oil mix . Add cumin seeds and bay leaf. Let cumin seeds splutter. Add onion and saute till slightly browned.
- Next add the onion - tomato paste and saute well for about 4-5 mins or till raw smell goes and color changes.
- Then add haldi,garam masala /channa masala,red chilli powder,kasoori methi , sugar and salt. Add water as required to bring it to running consistency. Let it boil for 1-2 mins.
- Add the cashew paste and give a quick stir.
- Add cooked peas , chopped corn and sauted capsicum . Add reserved water kept aside. Mix everything well and cook on low flame for 5mins. Let the veggies take in all the flavours.
- Finally add coriander leaves and switch it off.
- Serve hot Baby Corn Masala with Jeera rice / phulka / naan /poori/ any other roti.
- If you don't have fresh or frozen peas, you can soak dried peas overnight and later use.
- If you want you can add cooked diced potato or roasted paneer cubes too.
- For extra flavor if you want you can use little dhania and jeera powder. I normally use MDH / Everest brand garam masala n chole masala.