Today i have for you all a… popular North Indian side dish / Subzi that is very common in most of the restaurant menu card , dhabha and north Indian house. There are many ways one can make ” Stuffed bhindi or Bharwan Bhindi “. The recipe that i am sharing today is almost like Bhindi do pyaza . A combination of spices stuffed inside the Bhindi not only tastes awesome but is also simple and easy to make .Addition of fennel powder gives a unique characteristic flavor . As in my home we all are bhindi fans , i keep making lot of varieties from bhindi . Even in this stuffed bhindi there are 2-3 different recipes that i do but for today its the simplest one . Do give a try and i am sure you will love it.. Here you go…
- 500 gms bhindi / ladys finger
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- 1 big onion chopped
- 4-5 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsps Coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder/ Jeera powder
- 3 tsps Fennel powder / Saunf powder
- 2 tsps Dry Mango Powder / Amchoor
- ½ tsp Garam Masala powder
- 2 tsps red chili powder ( based on your spice level )
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- To taste Salt
- Wash the bhindi and wipe them dry with a clean kitchen towel. Remove the cap and the bottom part.
- Make a slit in the bhindi lengthwise. Take care not to cut it fully .
- Take all the dry masalas in a bowl .
- Mix them well .
- Take each bhindi and stuff the dry masala mixture into the slit made in them . Stuff all the bhindi's similarly .
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan. When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds .
- Once it splutters add sliced onions. Saute for 2-3 mins .
- Next add the stuffed bhindis and mix well. Saute for 2-3 mins .
- Add the remaining masala powder if any . Reduce the flame to low and cover and cok the bhindi until they are tender .This may take around 15 mins . Turn them in between 3-4 times to avoid burning .
- Serve hot stuffed bhindi with parathas or roti or with Dal . I am sure you will enjoy this simple yet flavorful bharwa bhindi .
- Pick small tender bhindis .
- Don't cut the oil much for this recipe. It won't taste that great ..
- I prefer shallow heavy pan or non stick pan for this dish rather than kadai .