Today i have for you all a delicious snack made from ladies finger. Its ” Bhindi Kurkure / Crispy Okra “. These crispy okra are so yummy that everyone would love it plus its so easy and simple to make. Enjoy them hot and crisp as a snack or as a side dish with your meal.
Okra is one of those vegetables that you either love or hate .Thankfully in my home we all love this veggie. So any dish made out of okra gets vanished in no time. I find it surprising when i meet someone who says they hate okra.So for all the okra haters out there ….i feel Bhindi Kurkuri and bhindi pakoda …is a perfect tailor made dish to try.You will instantly fall in love with this spicy, crispy okra. And trust me when i say they would not at all be slimy…. you’l keep on munching one by one…here we go….
Check Out the Video recipe here :
- 250 gm bhindi / ladys finger
- 3 tbsp Gram Flour Besan
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp Rice flour, (Optional ; for extra crispness)
- 1 /2 tsps Garam Masala powder
- 1 /2 tsp Cumin /Jeera powder
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
- 1/2 tsp Aamchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/ 2 tsp Turmeric Haldi
- to taste Salt
- Wash and wipe bhindi.Remove the stalks,cut it vertically into 4 pieces.
- Add bhindi, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder,chaat masala powder and aamchoor powder in a bowl.Let it rest for 15-30 minutes to marinate.
- Now add besan ,cornflour and rice flour to the bowl and mix lightly.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Deep fry the bhindi in batches over medium heat till golden browned and crispy.
- Remove on a plate lined with kitchen towel to drain the excess oil.
- Serve immediately.Enjoy them hot and crisp as a snack or as a side dish with your meal.
- Depending on the size of your kadai add the okra pcs for deep frying. Do not over clump. That will reduce the temperature of oil n they will absorb more oil
- When u r adding okra slice, flame should be medium high.Later reduce to medium low.While frying, fry until sshhh.. sound stops.This is very important to get crispy fries.