Capsicum Rice recipe with step by step photos. This Capsicum masala rice makes an easy, sumptuous and wholesome meal that can be fixed in 15 mins if you have some cooked rice ready and is apt to pack in lunch boxes.
If you google .. you can find several different types Capsicum rice recipe .. Infact i too have shared earlier one variation of capsicum rice and capsicum pulao recipe .. and today it’s another way of making . I saw this capsicum rice recipe in Vahchef and was tempted to try as it’s very easy and can be made in a jiffy during busy week day mornings. Addition of roasted peanuts powder enhances the taste . So are you ready to treat your taste buds with this spicy , yummy easy one pot meal …here you go ..
Check Out the Video recipe here :
CAPSICUM RICE RECIPE / CAPSICUM MASALA RICE
- 2 cups Cooked Rice
- 1 cup capsicum ( green / green red and yellow capsicum )
- 1 medium size onion
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 2-4 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- few Curry Leaves
- few Coriander leaves
To fry and powder ( Masala )
- 2 tbsp peanuts / groundnuts
- 1/2 tsp Bengal Gram Chana Dal
- 1/2 tsp Split Black gram Urad dal
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- few Curry Leaves
- 4-5 nos Red chili
- In a pan , take peanuts and dry roast it till it becomes crisp . Later to the same add remaining ingredients listed under ingredients ie urad dal , chana dal , Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds , red chilli and curry leaves . Dry roast till the spices are aromatic . Allow to cool and powder . No need to make super smooth . Keep the masala powder aside to use later .
- In a large kadai , heat oil . Splutter mustard seeds and add curry leaves , onion . Saute till onions turn translucent .
- Later add colored capsicums / green capsicum. Saute for 2-3 mins . Don't make it mushy , retain its crunchiness .
- Add salt , haldi and and masala powder . Mix everything and saute for 1-2 mins .
- Our capsicum masala mix for capsicum rice is ready .
- Add cooked rice . Mix gently . Cover and simmer the capsicum rice for 3-4 mins so that rice absorbs the masala.
- Switch off . Garnish capsicum masala rice with coriander leaves . If you want can squeese lime too .
- Enjoy capsicum masala rice with some raitha / papad .
- You can use left over rice, brown rice, quinoa or millets to make this rice. All will taste equally good.
- You can prepare masala ahead and store in air tight box and use whenever needed .
- Instead of capsicum .. you can add methi leaves / cluster beans / mixed veggies / avarekalu / your choice ... and make a different masala rice ..
- Colored capsicums are used just to make it more attractive .. if it's not handy .. you can use just green capsicum .