As promised yesterday in my Momo’s post , today i am here to share with you all the recipe of spicy red chutney served with Momo . This spicy dip is basically ” Chilli garlic Sauce / Chutney ” that goes well as an accompaniment with most of the Chinese dishes . The best part is unlike momos its so easy to make, stays good for quiet some days and one handy multi purpose dip that can be used in so many ways. Despite of huge amount of chillis , this sauce is not tongue burning …infact your taste buds crave for more. I usually make my momos less spicier so that i can dunk them in this spicy flavorful chutney and gulp them hot hot !!!
CHILLI GARLIC SAUCE FOR MOMOS
- 10 nos Red Chilli
- 15 - flakes Garlic
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Sugar - ( optional ,but recommended )
- 1 cup Water - almost + 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp Oil
- to taste Salt
- Boil 1 cup of water in a pan . Switch off. To the hot water add red chillies and let it soak for 15 mins.
- Transfer the red chillies along with water .Add salt , sugar and vinegar to it . Blend it to a puree.
- In a kadai / pan heat oil . When its hot add the chilli garlic puree . Keep the flame on medium and bring it to boil . Keep th eflame on sim and boil well for about 5-10 mins so that flavors will get enhanced and also the sauce will attain a nice consistency .
- Meanwhile , mix cornflour in 2 tbsp of water .
- Pour this over the sauce . you will see that now sauce will start to thicken more . If you feel it became very thick , can add few tbsp of water . Give a final boil and switch off . Cool .
- Serve the spicy dip with momos , spring rolls ,fritters, wontons, noodles etc . Put it in air tight container and store in fridge , use as and when required. Tastes best for few weeks if boiled well .