Dhania Thambli recipe with step by step pics | How to do Dhania Thambli | Coriander seeds thambli | Kottambari Tambuli recipe | How to do easy tambuli using dhania
Today I have a bowlful of simple ,healthy and comforting side dish .. Dhania Tambuli. It’s known as Kottambari tambli in Kannada and is a great natural body cooler. Cooling body naturally with natural cooling food is the best way to beat the heat especially during summer .. this dish falls into that category.
Tambli is a very traditional Karnataka dish which our grannies have been making from many years . Thamblis are not spicy, greasy or heavy. Instead, they are lite,mild, medicinal and soothing. For better understanding we can term tambli as medicated buttermilk / a type of raita / cold soup.Usually it is served at the beginning of the meal , before rasam/ sambar.
You can prepare tambli with anything and most of them take just 10 mins. Yes in 10 mins you have a bowlful of comforting food to cool your soul Each has its unique flavour and benefits. I had earlier shared Ginger tambli , doddapatre tambli , Brahmi tambli. Today it is ” Dhania Tambli ( Tambuli ) / Corinader Seeds Tambli ”. So are you ready to make a note of this aromatic yummy Kottambari tambli recipe .. here you go ..do try and enjoy with steamed hot rice…
Few points to note while making Dhania Thambli
- Usually tamblis are very mild. For this particular Dhania thambli , we don’t use any chilli while grinding . The flavor of dhania gives a very unique taste and flavor .
- If you don’t have curd chilli ( sandige menasu ), you can use red chilli too .
- Don’t skip ghee .
- Use slightly sour curd / butter milk .
DHANIA THAMBLI / CORIANDER SEEDS THAMBLI / KOTTAMBARI TAMBULI
- 2-3 tbsp Coriander Seeds /Dhania
- 3-4 tbsp coconut
- 1 big cup curd /buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- 1-2 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 2-4 nos Sandige menasu / sun dried curd chilli
- few Curry Leaves
- Soak coriander seeds in water for 15-20 mins .
- Grind smooth coriander seeds , coconut and salt adding little water or curd .
- Transfer the ground masala into a mixing bowl .
- Add buttermilk / whisked curd into the ground masala . Mix well . If required add some more curd / buttermilk . Mix well . Taste test and check the consistency . Its usually made little thin consistency .
- Finally prepare a tempering . Take ghee in the small kadai . once hot add mustard seeds . When they splutter add curry leaves and curd chillies ( sandige menasu ) . Saute till chillies are crisp and switch off. Pour this tempering on the tambli .Crushthe chillies.Give a gentle mix. That's it . Dhania tambli is ready to serve .
- Enjoy dhania thambli with rice.