Drumstick Curry Recipe | How to do Drumstick curry | Drumstick Curry recipe with Step by step photos | Nuggekai Curry | Nuggekayi Curry | Easy Drumstick Recipes
Today .. I have for you all delicious and tasty ” Drumstick Curry ” or nuggekayi curry made using healthy iron-rich drumstick. I had shared before Raw Jackfruit Curry.. the same recipe I have adapted for this drumsick curry. In this dish, drumstick is cooked in an aromatic masala and coconut milk and the end result is an awesome combination of flavour and texture…spicy, tangy, slightly sweetish ..tastes just divine with a bowl of rice. If you love drumstick, you must try this curry .. you will definitely fall for it. Drumstick imparts so much flavor..
DRUMSTICK CURRY RECIPE / NUGGEKAI CURRY / DRUMSTICK RECIPES
- 5-7 nos drumstick
- 2 medium size onion Sliced
- 1 medium size tomato chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste optional
- 2-4 nos Green Chillies Slit
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tsp Tamarind
- small piece Jaggery
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 sp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds methi seeds
- few Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- Cut drumstick into 2" pieces. While cutting .. lightly peel the outer strings and discard.
- Splutter mustard and methi in coconut oil. Later add Curry leaves, slit green chillies, sliced Onion, ginger garlic paste. Saute till translucent.
- Add tomatoes .. saute till mushy.
- Add in chilli powder, pepper powder, coriander powder, haldi and salt. Saute on low heat for a minute.
- Add drumstick pieces .. saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add finely ground coconut/coconut milk, Tamarind water, little jaggery and salt to taste. Mix.
- Add water as required .. mix. When it starts boiling .. pressure cook for 2 whistles. When pressure releases, add a tsp of coconut oil and mix.
- Drumstick Curry is ready. Enjoy with rice.