Today i have for you a delicious simple and yummy cake that’s so chocolaty,moist and soft. My kids just love this ” Eggless Chocolate Cupcake / Eggless Chocolate Muffin ” and love to have it or their snack. All the ingredients used in this cake are very simple and mostly available at home. With just few ingredients , few simple steps yummy cupcake is ready …and that too its eggless.Do give a try and i am sure you too would love it a lot ..an absolute beginners delight..here you go:
EGGLESS CHOCOLATE CUP CAKE
- 1 and 1/2 cups All purpose flour maida
- 3/4 cup Granulated Sugar, ( normal sugar ) (Increase to 1 cup if not using choco chips )
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 2 tbsps chocolate Chips, ( Optional but recommended )
- 1 tsp Instant coffee powder, ( bru / nescafe etc )
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- a pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 cup curd
- 3 tbsp Condensed Milk
- 3/4 - 1 cup Hot Water
- 1/2 tbsp Vanilla essence
- Powder sugar in a mixer .
- In a big mixing bowl , take curd and sugar powder . Whisk it gently so that curd becomes smooth and sugar dissolves .
- To the curd + sugar mix , add add baking powder and baking soda.Mix gently . You will see bubbles coming out. Keep the bowl aside for 5 mins .
- Meanwhile , Sieve maida , choco powder and instant coffee powder once or twice.Preheat oven at 180 degree c for 10 minutes and grease the baking tray nicely .
- After 5 min , you will see curd mixture would have risen well with frothy texture . Add vanilla essence , condensed milk ,salt and oil to the curd mixture . Mix gently with the whisk such that the bubbles doesn't subside .
- Now, add half of the sieved maida , choco and coffee mix and fold it gently. Add chocolate chips too if using while mixing .Again add the remaining half and mix it slowly and nicely such that there are no lumps . But be gentle ,the mixture should not lose its air particles.
- You will see that cake mix would have turned tough . Add hot boiled water slowly in steps and mix the batter to get a dropping consistency . The final batter should be of dropping consistency as shown in pic and not too thick.
- Line the muffin tray with muffin liners.
- Evenly fill the muffin cup with spoonful of batter till 3/4 of the muffin cup.Once the batter is in the pan, tap the muffin tray on a countertop to release any large air bubbles in the batter.Top it with few more choco chips if you want.
- Line the muffin tray in the centre of the oven and bake in preheated oven at 180c for 25-30 mins or till a fork inserted into the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool down in wirerack.
- Enjoy the muffins as such or top it and decorate with your choice of topping..This stays good for 3-4 days without refrigeration.
- Don't fill the muffin liners more than 3/ 4 th else it will overflow while baking.
- Curd reacts with baking soda and makes the cake soft and moist . So be gentle while mixing, take care that the mixture should not lose its air particles.
- Always keep an eye when the baking nears the ending time. We don't want our cake to get over baked.
- Once the batter is ready don't allow it to sit for sometime. You have to bake immediately.