Today i have for you all recipe for simple easy homemade Granola bars / Homemade Energy Bars . These granola bars are sweet, little crisp yet chewy, super healthy, delicious and so easy to make.Loaded with fiber and protein rich oats and cornflakes, healthy nuts & dry fruits these granola bars are one powerhouse of nutrients .You can have it for your breakfast / post work out snack / after school snack / even pack these in your kid’s snack box… which ever way .. they are just perfect option for healthy snacking … so easy to grab on the go!! And the best part is making granola bars at home hardly takes 10 mins !!
I actually hate oats and there are only few dishes in which they are OK for me and granola bars is one such … infact I love granola bars ..Yep that yummy they are that i forget that it has oats in it . I recently received the newly launched Ginger Marmalade from Sprig ( remember my stuffed homemade chocolate recipe !! ) .. i got a crazy idea of using them in my homemade granola bars recipe . Since Sprig Ginger marmalade is made from high grown fresh young ginger with an added freshness and zest from green lime .. i was very sure that addition of it will make granola bars extra yummy and i was right !! Every bite of this ginger marmalade granola bars is indeed a sensuous delight.I strongly recommend you to try .. and guess what .. WOW !! the first 10 lucky people placing the order for Ginger marmalade using the coupon “COOKWITHSMILE” will get a discount of 15 % !! Wow !! So, hurry up … click here to place your order now ! You can buy as many jars as you want at Sprig website ….
So are you ready to make a note of the homemade granola bars recipe with step wise photos .. here you go …
HOMEMADE GRANOLA BARS / ENERGY BARS RECIPE - WITH A TWIST OF SPRIG GINGER MARMALADE
- 1 cup Quick cooking Oats
- 1/2 cup Cornflakes / puffed rice
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar / regular sugar, brown preffered
- 1 tbsp Sprig Ginger Maramalade
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- few Almonds badam, chopped
- few walnuts, chopped
- few Figs, chopped ( optional)
- Few Dates, chopped
- few Raisins
- Crush cornflakes using hand .
- Dry roast oats, cornflakes, nuts and dry fruits in a pan until oats starts slightly browning up and you get nice aroma. Keep aside.
- Now prepare the caramel / syrup for granola bar . Into the same pan .. add butter .
- Once it melts , add honey , sugar , salt and a tbsp of water . Mix well . Let the sugar melt and slightly start bubbling
- Add ginger marmalade and vanilla essence .. quickly mix . Caramel or syrup for granola bars is ready . Switch off
- Now add roasted oats nuts mixture into the syrup and Mix the ingredients together until the oats are completely coated.
- Transfer to a container lined with parchment paper and press very firmly . Pressing firmly is very important else granola bars will be crumbly and fall out while eating .
- After this step .. you can either opt for no bake version / bake version . If no bake .. then just place it i fridge and set it for 2-3 hours . later cut them to bars ad store i air tight container . This more chewy version
- If you like more crisp ... go ahead and bake it for 5-6 mins at 200 deg C in a pre heated oven . Cool and cut into pieces .
- Store bars in an airtight container for up to one week. If you like soft bars, keep at room temperature. For slightly harder bars, store in the fridge. Either ways they taste yumm ...
- Using cornflakes / puffed rice / skipping both is optional . They give nice crunch to the granola bars.
- Adding choice of nuts / quantity etc depends on your choice . You can add some pumpkins seeds / sunflower seeds / roasted sesame /roasted flax seeds etc
- Using demerara sugar is optional ... it gives nice color. if you dont have you can instead use regular sugar .