INDIAN STYLE BROCCOLI STIR FRY RECIPE | HOW TO DO INDIAN STYLE BROCCOLI STIR FRY | STEP BY STEP RECIPE FOR INDIAN STYLE BROCCOLI STIR FRY | BROCCOLI SABZI
Isn’t preparing a different side dish every day a big headache job ?? Today I have for you all a quick and easy side dish made from Broccoli … Indian style Broccoli stir fry . Broccoli is not a very common veggie in Indian household .. thanks to urbanisation… it’s slowly entering into many kitchens now. Many times though we see it in the market, many people don’t buy it as they don’t know what to make out of it. So here is a very basic Indianised Broccoli stir fry which one can make quickly and enjoy with rice/roti/ chapathi etc.
Broccoli is the epitome of a superfood. It is hearty and tasty vegetable packed with lots of nutrients. Every single floret is packed with vitamin C, fibre and plenty of other natural goodies. I usually use in pasta, soup, pizza, Chinese style stir fry, paratha etc .. over a time I will share one by one. For today lets see Indian style Broccoli stir fry recipe. For me it is.. not always do we like fancy, rich ..restaurant style gravies with cashew paste, coconut paste, paneer etc. Sometimes simple homely kind of side dish is all we crave for. This Broccoli Sabzi is so simple, uncomplicated .. but full of flavours Great for a quick weeknight meal. Do try and enjoy with roti or dal rice ..
you may also like broccoli soup
INDIAN STYLE BROCCOLI STIR FRY RECIPE / INDIAN BROCCOLI RECIPES
- 1 small floret Broccoli
- 1 no Big Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste, optional
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1-2 Green Chilli, slit
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt as needed
- 2-3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds Jeera
- 1 tsp sesame seeds/ Til ( white )
- 1/2 tsp Dhania powder
- Clean and cut Broccoli to Small - medium bite-size florets as we do for cauliflower. Wash the florets well and put it in hot water for 5 mins. This helps in cleaning worms if any. Drain to keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, add mustard seeds and jeera, allow it to crackle. Then add dhania powder and white sesame. Let it splutter.
- Then add onions , ginger garlic paste and green chilli. Fry till slightly browned.
- Add salt ,haldi and chilli powder. Stir well.
- Add the broccoli florets and mix well again. Keep in low flame and allow it to cook for 7-8 mins and let the spice powders get blended. Switch off.
- Enjoy broccoli stir fry with chapati /roti /rice.Serve hot