In India and probably across the world, the mixer grinder is one of the most important household kitchen appliances that’s extensively used. Be it for grinding to make crispy Dosas, delicious chutney and sambar…, Or for making fruit juices, milk shakes, lassi… For making dry masala powders out of the spices or even churning butter out of curd, the mixer grinder plays a very important role in the Indian households.
As I talk on the importance of the mixer grinder in Indian kitchens, it is equally a daunting and challenging task to select the best mixer grinder that suits your day to day kitchen requirements from the hundreds of brands available in the market . As a result many people get confused and end up buying some mixer .
Recently I received MAHARAJA Whiteline EASYLOCK KING Mixer grinder for review, and Wow !! I was so excited to use it . As I unpacked the box , the first look of the mixer itself impressed me .. black and silver combo looked so royal . There were 4 jars – Chutney ,Grinding Jar ,Liquidizing Jar ,Juicer/ Blending Jar with filter .
As you all may be aware that Maharaja Whiteline is a well-known brand in India and leader in innovation in kitchen appliances ever since it’s inception in 1976 with popular products like mixer grinder, juicer mixer grinder, food processor, air cooler, steam-iron and room heaters.The MAHARAJA Whiteline EASYLOCK KING is one of their recent innovations in the juicer mixer grinder segment with a key safety feature built-in. If you ask me the 5 features that I observed using the product, here it is:
1) EASYLOCK feature:
As the name says , the appliance comes with an innovative audible and visible (red/ green light indication) safety lock feature to ensure that the jars are well fitted and when the indication is green; it is ready to turn ON the motor. A bad placement of jar is indicated as red light and the motor is OFF. This will surely help in the morning rush hours .In a hurry sometimes we don’t close the lid properly and end up making a mess.
2) Powerful motor:
The EASYLOCK KING comes with a powerful 750W motor to address various needs of wet and dry grinding. Be it for making quick Dosa recipes, or making dry sambar masalas,… the powerful motor is ready for the task without getting heated up. Making my kitchen essentials masala powders or grinding my dosa / idli batter for a week gets over now in no time.
3) Blending jar with fruit filter:
Further to the three general jars available with most of the mixer grinders (i.e. 1.75L liquidizing jar, 1.25L grinding jar and 0.5L Chutney Jar), the EASYLOCK KING comes with an additional 1.75L blending Jar with Fruit Filter mainly for making those fresh fruit juices. I love to make smoothies , juices and lassi for my kids . And this jar is a boon for making fresh juice as there is a separate filter.
4) Sturdy and ergonomic design:
All the four jars and the blades are of heavy duty stainless steel. The jars come with ergonomically designed handles for easy handling. The appliance comes with an Anti-Slip Vaccum Feet to avoid any movement during operation.
As with all the MAHARAJA products, EASYLOCK KING comes with a product warranty of 2 years and a motor warranty of 5 years. And the pricing is also very competitive when compared to the similar models available in market .
Overall to sum up, I must say I am really liking using EASYLOCK KING and one of the best mixer grinder for any kitchen .. !!! For more detais please check here
If you ask me to summarize the appliance in one sentence –
“MAHARAJA EASYLOCK KING is the king of performance & safety!!!”
Here is an instant Dalia Dosa recipe which I blended using Maharaja Easy lock King Mixer Grinder .
This Instant Dalia / Broken Wheat Dosa I learnt from my mom and yes it tastes , looks and is completely different from the instant dosa we making using wheat flour. These are crispy, tasty and like regular dosa’s you can easily shape them . Do try this instant dalia dosa recipe …. I am sure you will love it.. a great healthy recipe to include dalia in your diet … here you go ..
Instant Dalia Dosa
- 1 cup Broken Wheat / dalia / lapsi
- 1 - 2 tbsps coconut grated, ( optional )
- 1 - 2 no Green Chilli, ( optional )
- 1 small onion, ( optional )
- 2-3 tbsp Rice flour, ( optional )
- Coriander leaves, ( optional )
- to taste Salt
- Pulse dalia in mixer grinder . Don't add any water .. dry grind it so that it becomes little powderish .
- Add rice flour , grated coconut , onion and chilli to the powdered dalia . Add water as required for blending. Make a smooth paste.
- Transfer the ground batter to a mixing bowl .
- Add salt , chopped coriander leaves and water as required .Mix well The batter should be regular dosa batter consistency .
- Heat a tawa.Pour a laddle full of batter. Spread it in circular direction to make it to thin dosa. Drizzle few drops of oil around it.Cover and cook on medium flame for about 1-2 mins. No need to flip over and cook.Once its done, the dosas come out easily from the tawa .
- Fold and serve crispy Instant Dalia Dosa accompanied with chutney or sambar or chutney powder of your choice.Relish when hot to enjoy the crispiness... once it cools crispness reduces.
- Always remember to pulse broken wheat / dalia first without water . This will ease the process and also make grinding quick .
- Adding green chilli and coconut is optional .
- Unlike wheat flour dosa it is very easy to spread this dosa .. just like regular dosa .