Today i have a classic dish for you all – ” Iyengar Bakery style Masala Toast recipe ” . One can call this masala toast as open sandwich topped with a mixture made of onion , tomatoes , carrot , bell pepper and spices . Preparing this iyengar bakery style masala toast is very very easy and the end result is super tasty . One can enjoy it as breakfast or snack … which ever way .. I am sure you are gonna enjoy !!!
Is there any one out there who doesn’t like Iyengar bakery goodies ? I am sure not even a single hand raised . Though there are many bakeries in every nook and corner of Karnataka , Iyengar bakery still remains in the top slot . Be it’s Honey cake , Dilpasand ,Coconut cookies and the list goes on .. the list goes on !! Nothing can beat !!
Coming to today’s recipe, Iyengar bakery Masala toast , it’s basically an open toast. A spicy tangy and slightly sweetish bhaji is made with onion tomato and later topped on the crisp breads . Addition of carrots , capsicum is purely optional.Such a simple recipe right .. nevertheless taste wise .. too good.
Check Out the Video recipe here :
IYENGAR BAKERY STYLE MASALA TOAST RECIPE / BREAD MASALA TOAST RECIPE
- few bread slices
- as required Butter, to toast
For the Topping
- 1 medium size onion, Finely chopped
- 2 medium size Tomatoes, Finely chopped
- 1 carrot, Grated
- 1 small size capsicum, Finely chopped
- 2-3 Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- 1/2-1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 3/4-1 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 2-3 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1 Tsp Cumin seeds / jeera seeds
- few Curry Leaves
- few Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan with oil and splutter mustard and cumin seeds .
- Add chopped curry leaves , finely chopped green chilli and onion . Saute till onions are translucent .
- Add chopped capsicums and grated carrot. Saute 1-2 mins .
- Add chopped tomatoes and saute for 2-3 mins .
- Add turmeric powder and chilli powder . Mix . Next add around 1-2 tbsp water . .cover and cook for 2-3 mins or till tomatoes are mushy .
- Open the lid ... add garam masala powder and coriander leaves . Mix well and continue to cook till moisture in the topping masala has dried .
- Time to make toast now . Apply butter to bread slices and toast them well both sides .
- While bread slices are still on pan .. place 1-2 tbsp prepared masala on the bread . Spread it nicely . Toast for 1-2 mins to make it crisp
- Transfer Masala bread toast , iyengar bakery style to a serving plate and enjoy .