Iyengar Style Puliyogare Gojju Recipe with step by step photos | How to do Karnataka Style Puliyogare Gojju | Puliyodharai Mix recipe | Pulihara mix recipe with step by step photos | Pulikachal Recipe
Puliyogare Gojju- it’s Spicy, Tangy, slightly sweetish and the base for a tasty puliyogre! Did you know the key to make delicious puliyogare lies in the spice blend used in the making of it?
Tamarind juice along with certain additions like jaggery, chilli, cumin and other spices is reduced to a paste-like consistency. Prepare in bulk and use whenever required. To prepare puliyogare, just mix gojju and add the tempering to the cooked rice. Finally grated copra and roasted sesame seeds powder is sprinkled. Enjoy with curd/papad .. perfect comfort food!
The recipe of Puliyogare Gojju varies from region to region and my variation is passed from my mom which she learnt from her Mom … The end result will definitely remind you of temple prasadam ! Yes Iyengar style Puliyogare is best ..isn’t it ? Puliyogare is prepared in 3 stages. Preparing puliyogare powder, preparing puliyogare gojju and the last is preparing the puliyogare or tamarind rice using this gojju.
Though there are various brands of puliyogare mix available in the market somehow I still prefer making them at home. There is no preservative added and they really add flavours & fragrance to the food. I agree its little time consuming but once the job is done, store for months together and use whenever required… Tasty puliyogare will be ready in no time.
The aroma coming out from the flavorful masalas is just overwhelming.
Few simple points to note while making this Iyengar style Puliyogare Gojju are as follows :
- Use dark tamarind for a good colour. New lighter tamarind will give pale-looking puliyogare .
- It keeps well for a long time. Just make sure you use a clean and dry spoon to take it out.
- use peanut oil/sesame oil for extra taste.
- Use chilli and jaggery as per your taste.
- I don’t like adding Tadka while storing the paste as the peanuts and chana dal become soft and lose the crunchiness. So I suggest you, to add the tadka freshly while preparing the Puliyogare.
So here i share with you all the method of preparing authentic Iyengar style Puliyogare Gojju recipe… Here you go …
Check Out the Video recipe here :