Today i have for you all a traditional dish Pulissery from Kerala cuisine which is an integral part of any feast / Onam sadya . There are many veggies / fruits one can make like Yam , Pineapple , pumpkin, cucumber etc one can make pulissery with .. but for today the chosen one is Mango Pulissery ..ie Mambazha Pulissery recipe . Before mango season vanishes .. i wanted to share this Kerala Style Mango curry recipe with you all . Its creamy , mildly spiced and flavored , slightly sweetish and little tangy .. an absolute delight to taste buds .. one can just feast this dish with some hot steamed rice ..
The base of the Pulissery is usually a blend of fresh coconut, cumin, chilli, and coconut oil. Tempering of coconut oil and fenugreek seeds enhances taste . So don’t skip it . Coming to Mambazha Pulissery , one can use any type of mangoes .. but traditionally small fibrous wild mangoes ( Kat mavinahannu ) preferred . If you are using small variety , just peel and use as such along with seeds . They taste super duper tasty . But since small wild mangoes are not easily available everywhere , we can use larger regular mangoes , peeled and chopped. Do try this simple and tasty Mambazha Pulissery and enjoy .. Here is a simple video of Mambhaza Pulissery ..
Check Out the Video recipe here :
MAMBAZHA PULISSERY RECIPE / MANGO MORU CURRY RECIPE / KERALA STYLE MANGO CURRY
- 5-6 nos Tiny Wild Ripe Mangoes peeled
- 2 nos Big Ripe Mango Peeled and chopped
- 1 cup curd
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1-2 tsp Sugar Optional
- Salt to taste
To Grind : Masala
- 1/ 2 Cup coconut grated
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds / jeera seeds
- 3-6 nos Green Chillies
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds methi
- few Curry Leaves
- 1-2 nos Red Chilli Broken
- Wash and peel mangoes . If using small variety , use as such along with seeds .. if big ones . peel and chop .
- Transfer mangoes to a cooking pan . Add water as required , add little salt , turmeric and red chilli powder . Cover and cook for 10 mins .
- Meanwhile prepare masala . In a blender , add coconut , cumin and green chilli . Add little water and grind to a smooth paste .
- Add ground smooth masala to the cooked mango . Add salt and mix well . Cover and cook for another 4-5 mins .Let mangoes take in flavor
- Switch off . Afterr 5 mins , Add beaten curd . Add sugar if you want . Stir well so that everything combines well .
- Prepare a tempering . Splutter mustard , methi seeds in coconut oil . Add curry leaves and red chilli . Pour into mango curry . Mix well .
- Mambazha Pulissery is ready to relish . Enjoy it with rice with some papad .
- Take ripe mashable type mango .
- Coconut oil and fenugreek seeds enhances taste .. so don't skip it .