MASALA PASTA RECIPE WIH STEP BY STEP PHOTOS | HOW TO DO INDIAN STYLE PASTA | DESI STYLE MASALA PASTA RECIPE | INDIAN STYLE PASTA RECIPE
Today i have for you all Indian style MASALA PASTA RECIPE. It’s simple, easy and completely Desi. A sure shot hit with kids & elders. This Indian style Masala Pasta is perfect for any occasion. Bursting with flavours, loaded with veggies, taste suited for Indian palate .. it would definitely pull anyone.. a welcome twist to the usual videshi pasta:). The best part is this desi masala pasta doesn’t need any ready sauce and is prepared with regular ingredients found commonly in pantry.
Pasta , noodles , pizza , tacos , nachos etc are always kids favorite and same is the scenario in my house . So now a days these dishes are becoming common in my home . I have shared before few variants in pasta recipes like white sauce pasta , pasta chat and tomato spaghetti today its Indian style Masala Pasata recipe. One can enjoy it as a snack/breakfast. for dinner.Choice of type of pasta is also your choice .. use penne / spiral / macaroni or whichever is available. You can add some veggies like beans , carrot, corn , peas , mushroom , cauliflower etc .. to make it a bit healthy. Do try this easy recipe .. i am sure you will get a big thumbs up from your family and friends . When i had shared it in Instagram stories, a couple of days before .. immediately many people tried and loved.So are you ready see how to cook Indian style Masala Pasta with step by step pictures… here you go …
MASALA PASTA RECIPE / INDIAN STYLE PASTA RECIPE / DESI STYLE MASALA PASTA
- 2 cups Pasta
- 1 big onion finely chopped
- 2-3 medium size Tomatoes
- 1-2 nos Green Chilli Slit
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 small capsicum chopped
- 1/2 cup Mixed Vegetables beans , carrot , peas , corn etc
- 1 tsp Cumin Jeera Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Haldi / turmeric powder
- 1/2-1 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp pav bhaji masala kitchen king masala
- 1-2 tsp Tomato ketchup
- 3-4 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- few Coriander leaves chopped
- grated cheese optional
- Boil water in a large pot. Add salt and tsp of oil. Add pasta into the boiling water and add whole tomato to blanch. Take out tomato after 5 mins .. continue to cook pasta. After 10-12 mins .. pasta would have cooked. Check .. take care not to overcook. It should be al dente ( Cooked just enough be to retain the shape ) . Drain and retain the stock water. Refresh the cooked pasta with running water. This avoids overcooking of spaghetti due to the heat .Cooked drained pasta is ready . Keep aside
- Once blanched tomato has cooled .. peel off skin . Puree.
- To begin with .. prepare a tempering ... splutter jeera in oil. Add onion, green chilli, ginger garlic paste. Saute till Onion turns translucent.
- Add pureed tomatoes and add salt . Saute till oil separates.
- Add finely chopped veggies , peas / corn etc . Saute 2-3 mins .
- When veggies are almost done .. add capsicum, salt, sugar, haldi , chilli powder, tomato ketchup and pav bhaji masala/kitchen king masala / garam masala. Combine everything and saute for 1-2 mins.
- Add 75 % cooked pasta, little pasta water kept aside .. Mix. Cover and cook for 3-4 mins, so that pasta takes in flavour.
- Anything desi .. is incomplete without coriander leaves 🙂 .. so lastly add chopped coriander leaves. You can add grated cheese also at this stage ( optional). Mix and switch off
- Enjoy spicy desi masala pasta hot !!!
- please cook al dente . Else we will end up with mushy mushy over cooked spaghetti and will not taste good .
- You can use any type of pasta like penne, macaroni, spiral etc.
- Choice of veggies can vary and you can use just onion & tomato if you don't have any veggie in stock.