Mooli Raita Recipe | Mooli Raita Recipe with step by step photos | How to do Mooli Raita | Radish Raita Recipe | Radish Raita Recipe with step by step photos | Moolangi Mosaru Gojju
Today I have for you all a very quick and easy to prepare dish ” Mooli Raita or Radish Raita “. Raita is a simple yoghurt-based dish that can be served with almost any Indian meal or can be relished just by itself. One can make raita using various veggies and fruits.. and the hosen for the day is Mooli. It’s crunchy, tasty and very good for health. Here is a step by step explanation with photos of how to make Mooli Raita Recipe or Radish Raita Recipe. In Karnataka, it’s popularly known as Moolangi Mosaru Gojju.
Raita is one of my favourite foods and I love its versatility. You can make it with many vegetables – cucumber, tomato, potato, onion, boondi etc. It is one of those quick side dishes one can think of to go with anything and everything. It’s comfort food as it balances out the heat and spice from the rest of the food and aids digestion…One of the best dish during the summer . A person beginning to cook can make any raita as it is a very simple recipe and can be made with minimal ingredients available at home.
Today’s pick of veggie for raita is radish. Radish is very good of health as it: helps in curing – jaundice, piles, Urinary Disorders, aids digestion, assist weight loss, natural cooler, etc. You can see more of its health benefits here. Whenever I have 1-2 radish left over after making sambar or paratha, I usually make this raita or chutney.
But unfortunately, Radish is a vegetable which many people hate due to its strong smell And, I’m super confident that all the ‘Radish-Haters’ will be surprised after tasting this raita and would tell “The smelly and stinking radish, never smelled and tasted this good before!!! ” Don’t you believe me? Then you must try and experience it…
Check Out the Radish Raita Video recipe here :
- 1 Big Cup Radish / Moolangi, Grated
- 3-4 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup Yogurt / fresh curd
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
For the tempering
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Jeera / Cumin seeds
- 2 Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 no Red Chilli, broken
- few Curry Leaves
- Wash, peel and grate radish. Keep aside.
- To a mixing bowl , add yoghurt and salt . Whisk well .
- To the bowl , add grated radish , chopped onion and coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Prepare a tempering. Heat oil. When its hot, add mustard and cumin seeds. When it splutters , add curry leaves , red chilli and chopped green chilli. Fry for a minute or so. Switch off.
- Serve this creamy Mooli Raita chilled or as it is with plain rice or Pulao or with any Indian flatbread . Enjoy !!
- Mooli raita tastes great when radish is fresh and tender.
- If required add more curd and adjust the desired consistency.
- In case, you are making raita too ahead of serving ...in such cases, Add salt to the raita just before serving them. Else the radish will leave a lot of water and make raita watery
- You can also add chopped tomatoes to it.
- The above recipe is south Indian style raita. You can add a pinch of jeera powder, red chilli powder, chat masala & black salt to above raita to make it in the north Indian style