How about a hot,spicy n healthy Toast with a hot cup of tea /coffee in the pouring rains ? I don’t know how many of you know this recipe, but i had never heard of such toast before marriage.After marriage when i had it for the first time, i just drooled over them.The toasties… were just yum yum n yum! 🙂
And wow !! it was so simple to make.Just some moong ground with Indian spices and spread it on on bread and roast our Moong Toast is ready. Crunchy from one side and soft yet crispy on the other side.If we look at the nutritional value, a perfect blend of proteins and Fiber thus, makes a complete Breakfast. Kids will love them too as a snack.With just some smart planning, i learned that everyday meals can be made healthy. In fact the effort is much less and with no compromise on the yum-factor! Sharing my mom -in-laws a very easy and healthy moong toast recipe. Here it comes:
Check Out the Video recipe here :
For the topping :
- 1 big Cup Green Gram moong
- 1 small cup coconut
- 1 bunch Coriander leaves
- 4 nos Green Chillies
- 2 nos Red Chillies
- pea size Tamrind
- 1 tsp fennel seeds / Sonf, optional
- small piece Ginger
- 1 tsp Chaat masala
For the toast :
- 1 pkt sandwich bread, -
- Oil /Butter
- Soak green gram for abt 4-5 hours.
- Drain excess water and grind all the ingredients mentioned under topping into a paste. Note that it should not be too smooth.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl and keep aside.
- How to proceed :
- Heat a tawa and grease it with oil /butter .
- Take a spoonful of the topping and spread it evenly on one side of the bread slice with a spoon.
- Place each toast on the tawa such that the topping side faces downwards.
- Drizzle some oil and roast on medium low flame till topping turns golden brown in color.
- Flip over and roast the other side too.
- A Healthy and tasty toast ready to eat.Serve it hot with Tomato ketchup .
- Cook it, enjoy it and never forget it.