Today i have for you all a quick stir fry recipe that goes well both with rice / phulka . Made from babycorn , mushroom and capsicum , it not only looks very attractive but will surely fit your healthy diet. This “ Mushroom Babycorn Pepper Fry ” is very simple and easy to make …i would say it is great for a quick weeknight meal .The highlight of this recipe is the freshly roasted pepper which gives it an awesome flavor. The soft meaty mushroom and crunchy crispy babycorn blends beautifully while capsicum enhances the flavor .
My daughter loves babycorn and mushroom . So when 2 of her favorite veggies came together.. it was like a feast to her. She relished this stir fry to the core and enjoyed eating as such too.Hubby who is not a fan of mushroom surprisingly liked it in this avatar. Wow !! do i need any more reasons to make this mushroom baby corn pepper fry often ?? This is my favorite quickie dish for lunch / dinner on a busy day. I make this stir fry sometimes with either mushroom / babycorn too. You too give a try .. i am sure you will enjoy the flavors of peppery mushrooms and babycorn. Here you go…
MUSHROOM BABYCORN PEPPER MASALA
- 150 grams Button mushrooms
- 8 - 10 nos Babycorn
- 1 no capsicum
- 2 medium size Onions
- 1 - 2 nos Green Chilly
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Haldi
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, ( depends on your spice level )
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder/ jeera
- 1/2 tsp Jeera
- a small sprig Curry Leaves
- 2- tsp oil
- Wash , clean and chop mushrooms to bite size pieces .
- Blanch babycorn in hot water for about 2-3 minutes. Drain water . Cut them into long bite size pieces .
- Thinly slice onion and cut capsicum length wise .
- Dry roast jeera n pepper in a kadai.
- Fine Powder them in a mixer
- Heat a pan/ kadai with oil . Add jeera and cuury leaves . When it splutters add onion and green chillies . Saute till onion becomes light brown.
- Then add pepper - jeera powder ,garam masala,salt and haldi . Saute for 1-2 mins .
- Next add all the chopped veggies . Mushroom , babycorn and capsicum . Mix well so that all the masala gets coated to the veggies well .
- Cook for 5-7mins on low flame (stir in between to avoid burning at the bottom). Mushroom will start leaving water . Keep cooking until baby corn has cooked a bit ,mushroom has shrunk in size and all water has evaporated . ( i like the crunchiness of corn n capsicum , so didn't cook for long . its up to you )
- Fiinally add coriander leaves and give a quick mix .
- Serve hot Mushroom babycorn pepper fry with rice / roti .
- As mentioned earlier , you can make this stir fry with just mushroom + capsicum / Baby corn + capsicum too .
- Freshly roasted pepper and cumin powder gives a nice flavor to this stir fry . So try to use fresh homemade powder only . Pepper uantity is your choice.
- If you want you can add ginger garlic paste too .
- I would recommend not to overcook the veggies in this stir fry .
- If the veggies are sticking to the kadai while cooking , you can add oil or sprinkle little water