Tandoori Mushroom Tikka or Mushroom Tikka is one of the common dish we all probably would have seen in restaurants menu card under appetizers / Starters / Snacks section . This is basically a healthy and yummy snack in which button mushrooms along with few other assorted veggies are marinated in a masala and later grilled traditionally in a tandoor clay oven to get that smokey flavor .However at homes we can do Tandoori Mushroom using oven / tawa . If you have an OTG , grill it in griller / boiler mode …you will love the smokey flavor. So are you ready to make a note of Mushoom Tikka recipe .. Here you go…
MUSHROOM TIKKA RECIPE
- 15 small / medium sized Button mushrooms
- 1 number capsicum
- 1 number onion
- 1 number tomato
For Marination :
- 1/2 cup thick curd, ( Hung preferred )
- 1 tbsp besan gram flour
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Kasuri Methi
- 1/2 tsp red Chilly powder, acc.to taste
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice, (optional )
- Salt, to taste
- Clean , wash and dry mushrooms . Cut the stems and retain only top round part . Stems can be used for something else .
- Cut large cubes of onion, capsicum and tomato. ( deseed capsicum and tomato )
- Roast besan on medium flame till they are aromatic and raw smell goes.
- Take all the ingredients listed under "marination" into a bowl.
- Throw mushrooms,capsicum,tomato and onion in the marination .
- Mix the veggies in the marination such that they get well coated . Cover and keep it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hrs . You can keep for more time also . no problem
- After the marination time is over you will see that the mushrooms would have left water . Don't worry .. if you want you can sprinkle little roasted gram flour or proceed as such .
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 c in grill / broil mode .
- Take wooden skewers and skew to it marinated mushrooms and veggies alternatively one by one. If you are using wooden skewers , soak it in water for 30 mins and then use else they will get burnt while grilling .
- Place the skewers with veggies on the baking tray covered with aluminum foil .
- Keep the tray in top rack and grill for 15-18 mins. In between once brush them with melted butter or oil and turn other side .
- Tandoori Mushroom / Mushroom Tikka is ready .Serve it hot with Mint-Coriander Chutney ( Green Chutney ) , Some onion rings and a piece of lime.
- If you don't have oven.. you can grill the marinated veggies on tawa too . Roast them on tawa as individual pieces . Once they get crispy , prick them to tooth pick and serve with Green Chutney and onion rings.
- You can omit adding gram flour in the marination step . Instead it can be added later . This will help in absorbing water that has come out after marination .
- If you are using wooden skewers .. don't forget to soak them in water for sometime and then use. This will prevent the sticks from burning.