Chutney is one of the crucial category in Indian cuisine. There are so many types of chutneys one can make .Among the long list of different chutneys today i have for you one easy and simple chutney made from tomato.I am damn sure many would be knowing the recipe of ” Tomato Chutney ” but there are so many ways one can make it . Even i have 4 -5 different recipes of making Tomato chutney and guess what .. each taste so different and tasty from one another . Do try this versatile chutney that would taste awesome with anything and everything.. .
ONION TOMATO CHUTNEY
- 3 Tomatoes, - medium sized
- 2 onion, - medium sized
- 2 flakes Garlic, ( Optional )
- 2 - 4 Red Chillies, - based on your spiciness preferred
- Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- a small sprig Curry Leaves
- 2 tsp Oil
- A big pinch Asafoetida/ hing
- Chop tomato and onion roughly.In a mixer jar, add onion,tomato,garlic ,red chillies and salt .Blend it to a puree.
- In a kadai heat oil - add mustard .When it splutters add hing and curry leaves .
- Then add the onion tomato paste saute for 3-4 mins so that raw smell goes . Add little water and cook it closed for about 4-5 mins. Open the lid and bring the chutney to desired consistency
- Serve tomato chutney with idli , dosa , chapathi , paniyaram , bread , rice etc .....