Today i have for you all a healthy,refreshing,yummy and super quick accompaniment made from Raw Banana.That’s ” Raw Banana Raita / Kache Kele ka Raita “. This raw banana raita is also one of Navratri fasting recipe .Try this any day and you are going to like it, it’s very simple and hardly takes any time.
Usually raitas are very simple to make but tastes awesome. This raw banana raita too falls under that category.The best part is you can’t guess what this raita is made from.The nature of raw banana is very much similar to potato. Here we go…
RAW BANANA RAITA
- 1 medium sized Raw /Banana /Kachhe Kele
- 1 Cup yoghurt
- 2 - 3 Green chilies
- few Coriander leaves
- to taste Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Split Black gram Urad dal
- 1/2 tsp Bengal Gram Chana Dal
- or 2 a pinch Asafoetida/ hing
- few Curry Leaves
- Wash and cook raw banana till soft. I pressure cook for about 2-3 whistles.Raw Banana does not need much time to cook or soften .So while cooking does not add too much water, otherwise it will become too mushy.
- When cool to handle, peel the outer skin of raw banana.
- Mash raw banana.
- To the mashed raw banana add curd,green chilli and salt.
- Prepare the tempering.In a small kadai ,take oil.Add mustard seeds,urad dal and chana dal.Once they splutter add curry leaves and hing.Switch off .Pour this tempering on raita.Add chopped coriander leaves.Mix everything. If required add some more curd and adjust the consistency.
- Serve the yummy raw banana raitha with rice / roti/ pulav.