Today i have for you a simple , easy , quick and extremely tasty Sev Paratha recipe . Paratha’s are anytime favorite for me .. i’m sure for most of us too . They are an excellent and quick option for breakfast, lunch and dinner .They are very filling and there are tons of options for filling and flavours. Every paratha has its own distinct taste .Another best thing about them is that they do not need any side dish, just some plain curd and pickle is enough. As of now i have shared with you all Mooli Paratha , Aloo Paratha, Onion Paratha, Paneer Paratha ,Gobi Paratha, Cabbage Paratha and today it’s these delicious ” Sev Paratha ” .
We can make this Sev Paratha either with Nylon Sev or any other flavoured spicy Sev. But I usually make with nylon sev and spice it up with some spices, onion, coriander etc. This Sev paratha is one of the best dishes to clear off your not so crispy – leftover Sev. I had first seen this Sev paratha here .. and since then i wanted to try . When recently I had lots of Sev leftover after a party .. I decided the next day I should make this Sev paratha. I am glad that i did.. Everybody loved it a lot. You too give a try and i am sure you too will love this awesome Sev paratha. So are you ready to make a note of Sev Paratha recipe with step by step pics… Here you Go …
Sev Paratha Recipe
To Make Dough
- 2 Cups Wheat flour
- Water As required
- little Salt
- Oil/ Ghee, As required
For the Stuffing
- 1 cup Sev, (Nylon pref)
- 1 medium size onion, (chopped)
- little Coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric / Haldi powder
- 3/4 tsp Red chilli powder, ( as per preference)
- 1/2 tsp Coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Powder/ Jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 tsp Aamchoor / Dry Mango Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala powder, ( optional )
- Salt, to taste
To make Dough
- In a wide mixing bowl take wheat flour, salt and ghee. Mix it with your fingers ,then add little by little water, gather to form a soft pliable dough.Knead it well.The dough should not be too tight or too loose, it should be non sticky at this stage.Allow it to rest covered for at least 30mins.
To Prepare Stuffing
- In bowl take finely chopped onion. To that add haldi, red chilli powder, cumin powder ,coriander powder ,Chat Masala aamchoor powder and garam masala and mix well.
- Divide the onion mix into 2 parts . To 1 part add half the quantity of sev ( The remaining portion of sev can be added later to another portion of onion . We don't want the filling to get too soggy ) Add coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix well .Stuffing for sev paratha is ready !
To Make Paratha
- Make equal sized balls out of the dough.
- To dust use maida /wheat flour and roll them to thick small circles.Thick at center, thin at edges.Keep 1-2 tbsp of stuffing in the center, sprinkle a big pinch of salt ,lightly mix and seal it up nicely by pulling all the edges to the center as shown in the pic.Repeat the same with all the dough and stuffing.
- With the help of dry flour, roll the parathas into thick or thin discs as per your preference .
- Heat a griddle, transfer the paratha on to griddle carefully and cook them on both sides by drizzling oil/ghee/butter.cook till both the sides has golden spots
- Soft,delicious,hot Sev Parathas are ready to serve.Enjoy them hot with pickle and / plain curd / raita ...
- If you are using some flavored sev / spicy sev .. alter the quantity of the spices mentioned in the ingredient list . ie you can reduce chilli powder / omit aachoor powder etc if the pre made sev already has all those .
- Don't make the stuffing in 1 shot . This might make the stuffing soggy by the time you are in the finishing stage . So i prefer to divide onion mix n sev in 2 parts and do the stuffing in 2 batches.
- While rolling for the first time don't give more pressure in the center as the filling is going to be placed in the center.Roll very gently and dust the flour as reqd.Centre be little thick and edges little thin.
- If you are a beginner, start preparing parathas with little quantity of filling and gradually increase the stuffing.