Are you looking for a quick,delicious and easy sandwich recipes? I am sure most of us love sandwiches . So today i have for you all a simple,easy n healthy ” Spinach Corn Sandwich / Grilled Cheesy Corn Spinach Sandwich” recipe .If you are a corn lover, you will surely love this cheesy Spinach corn sandwich .Grilled sandwich with creamy, cheesy filling made from boiled corn kernels and spinach. It is a kid friendly dish too as its mild with their fav corn and cheese .I have already posted makai palak recipe and today its a sandwich using the same duo .I am sure many of you might have tasted these corn spinach sandwich in Cafe coffee day ..lets see today how to make them at home … Do try out and don’t forget to share your feedback ..
GRILLED CHEESE CORN SPINACH SANDWICH
- 1 cup Spinach Palak finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet corn ; boiled
- 2 - 3 tbsps capsicum ; finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic ; finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsps All purpose flour maida
- 1/2 cup Cold Milk
- 2 - 3 tablespoons cheese (optional / + or - )
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder ( as required )
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli flakes ( as required )
- 1/2 tsp Oregano powder
- bread slices
- Cheese slices / grated cheese (optional)
- onion slices ( optional)
- Cook corn either in microwave or cooker. If in microwave for 10 mins and if in cooker for 1-2 whistles.You can use canned or frozen corns too .
- When the corn cob cools,slice the kernels using a knife.
- Finely chop garlic ,spinach and capsicum.
- Heat the butter in a pan on medium heat.Once it is melted, add chopped garlic. Saute for a minute or so untill the raw smell of garlic goes away.Add capsicum to it. Saute for 1-2 mins.
- Next add chopped spinach . Saute for 2-3 mins till spinach leaves gets wilted .
- Add corn and mix . Then sprinkle all purpose flour , saute for 1-2 mins .
- Now add milk and mix everything well. Always use cold milk , so that you won’t get any lumps of flour.
- Let the milk come to boil . Keep the flame on sim and allow the stuffing to thicken .. Stir occasionally . The stuffing should thicken nicely else the sandwich will turn soggy
- Once the stuffing becomes really thick like a paste add grated cheese (if using ) , salt , pepper powder , chilly flakes and oregano powder . Mix everything well . Our stuffing for sandwich is ready . Allow it to cool .
- Now lets proceed to make sandwiches . Take sandwich bread slices . Spread the creamy spinach corn mix on one slice of the bread . If you want , you can again keep a cheese slice on it or top it with some grated cheese . I usually do so only if doing for kids . .If you want you can top it with some sliced onions too ( i love it ) .Cover with another slice of bread
- Once the sandwich is ready .. its time to grill them . For grilling you can either use tawa / grill pan /sandwich maker . I have used grilled sandwich maker . Once its hot , gently apply little butter to both the sides of the sandwich and grill it . Butter gives nice color and crispiness to sandwich .
- Once they are nicely toasted , transfer to a serving plate . Continue the same process with the remaining slices . Serve cheesy grilled spinach corn sandwich hot with or without ketchup . Enjoy !!
- You can use frozen or canned corn also.
- Addition of cheese is purely optional . If you want you can completely omit it or can make it more cheesy . Your preference.
- If you want you can also add some mushrooms / onion/ carrot etc .
- Applying butter and later toasting while making sandwiches , makes our sandwich crisp and golden .