Spinach corn sandwich recipe with step by step photos a healthy sandwich made with spinach and corn cooked in a creamy sauce.
Are you looking for a quick,delicious and easy sandwich recipes? I am sure most of us love sandwiches . So today i have for you all a simple,easy n healthy ” Spinach Corn Sandwich / Grilled Cheesy Corn Spinach Sandwich” recipe .If you are a corn lover, you will surely love this cheesy Spinach corn sandwich .
Grilled sandwich with creamy, cheesy filling made from boiled corn kernels and spinach. It is a kid friendly dish too as its mild with their favorite corn and cheese .I have already posted makai palak recipe and today its a sandwich using the same duo .
I am sure many of you might have tasted these corn spinach sandwich in Cafe coffee day ..lets see today how to make them at home …
Few Points to note while making Spinach Corn Sandwich Recipe :
- You can use frozen or canned corn also.
- Addition of cheese is purely optional . If you want you can completely omit it or can make it more cheesy . Your preference.
- If you want you can also add some mushrooms / onion/ carrot etc .
- Applying butter and later toasting while making sandwiches , makes our sandwich crisp and golden .
- Addition of Italian seasoning and pepper flakes adds nice flavor.
Do try out and don’t forget to share your feedback ..
GRILLED CHEESE CORN SPINACH SANDWICH
- 1 cup Spinach / Palak, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, ; boiled
- 2 - 3 tbsps capsicum, ; finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic, ; finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tsps All purpose flour /maida
- 1/2 cup Cold Milk
- 2 - 3 tablespoons cheese, (optional / + or - )
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder, ( as required )
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli flakes, ( as required )
- 1/2 tsp Oregano powder
- bread, slices
- Cheese slices / grated cheese, as required
- few slices onion, optional
- Cook corn either in microwave or cooker. If in microwave for 10 mins and if in cooker for 1-2 whistles.You can use canned or frozen corns too .
- When the corn cob cools,slice the kernels using a knife.
- Finely chop garlic ,spinach and capsicum.
- Heat the butter in a pan on medium heat.Once it is melted, add chopped garlic. Saute for a minute or so untill the raw smell of garlic goes away.Add capsicum to it. Saute for 1-2 mins.
- Next add chopped spinach . Saute for 2-3 mins till spinach leaves gets wilted .
- Add corn and mix . Then sprinkle all purpose flour , saute for 1-2 mins .
- Now add milk and mix everything well. Always use cold milk , so that you won’t get any lumps of flour.
- Let the milk come to boil . Keep the flame on sim and allow the stuffing to thicken .. Stir occasionally . The stuffing should thicken nicely else the sandwich will turn soggy
- Once the stuffing becomes really thick like a paste add grated cheese (if using ) , salt , pepper powder , chilly flakes and oregano powder . Mix everything well . Our stuffing for sandwich is ready . Allow it to cool .
- Now lets proceed to make sandwiches . Take sandwich bread slices . Spread the creamy spinach corn mix on one slice of the bread . If you want , you can again keep a cheese slice on it or top it with some grated cheese . I usually do so only if doing for kids . .If you want you can top it with some sliced onions too ( i love it ) .Cover with another slice of bread
- Once the sandwich is ready .. its time to grill them . For grilling you can either use tawa / grill pan /sandwich maker . I have used grilled sandwich maker . Once its hot , gently apply little butter to both the sides of the sandwich and grill it . Butter gives nice color and crispiness to sandwich .
- Once they are nicely toasted , transfer to a serving plate . Continue the same process with the remaining slices . Serve cheesy grilled spinach corn sandwich hot with or without ketchup . Enjoy !!