As i was going through my recipe index i was shocked to see that till now i haven’t shared any salad recipes in Cook with Smile . Wow !! Really !! …Though i often make salads , love them to the core .. unfortunately the healthy salad never made way to blogging . May be i feel , oh that so easy what to post . Well any way … posting today one of my ever favorite salad ” Sprouted green gram salad / Moong Sprouts Salad ” in Karnataka style ie Hesarukalu Kosambari . Yes that’s how its known locally… Very common in all the functions and weddings . Low on calories .. high on nutrients …. and an absolute visual treat to see a bowlful of colorful sprouted moong kosambari … Isn’t it ??
I never buy sprouts from store but always prefer making them at home. This ensures quality and freshness of my sprouts are great be it moong , channa , horsegram etc . Making sprouts at home is very easy …i will share in my next post how to make sprouts at home.I am sure it will help beginners . As we all know how healthy sprouts is.. we must include limited quantity of sprouts everyday in our diet in some form or the other . Though you can make many dishes from sprouts … salad tastes best only when made from fresh ingredients. Even in sprouts salad we can make different types.. but for today its sprouts salad in Kosamabri style .. so are you ready to make a note of it … Here you go….
SPROUTED MOONG SALAD / MOONG KOSAMBRI
- 1 cup Green Gram /hara moong, sprouted
- 1/2 cup carrots, grated ( can + / - too )
- 1/2 cup pomegranate, ( can + / - too )
- 2 - 4 Green Chillies, chopped
- 1 - 2 tbsps coconut, ; grated ( optional but pref )
- Coriander leaves, few ; chopped
- as required Lemon juice
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- a small pinch Asafoetida/ hing, ( Optional )
- Curry Leaves, Few
- In a big bowl mix sprouted moong , grated carrot , pomegranate , green chillies , grated coconut , coriander leaves , salt ad lime .
- In a small pan / kadai prepare a tempering . Keep oil . When hot add mustard seeds . When they splutter .. pour the tempering on the sprouts kosambari / salad .
- Healthy, nutritious and delicious Sprouted moong salad is ready to Enjoy !!! Serve immediately .
- If you are serving sprouts kosambari after a while , then don't add salt before . Add salt only while serving and mix. Else the salad will become watery .
- Ssimilarly you can use any other sprouts too or add mixed sprouts too.
- You can plus or minus any quantities or get creative and add your own ingredient .No such rules or specific ingredients, No such rules or specific ingredients, No such rules or specific ingredients .