Today’s post is simple sprouts curry recipe . After all the unlimited festive special binging .. getting back to healthy eating is very important . Today’s sprouts curry is one such dish .. healthy bi tasty bi and yes very easy to make .We can make this sprouts curry either using mixed beans / moong / matki etc .. today the chosen one is moong . I have made this moong sprouts curry in North Karnataka style .Flavored with roasted peanut-niger seeds-kopra powder .. they taste awesome .
I never buy sprouts from store but always prefer making them at home. This ensures quality and freshness of my sprouts are great be it moong , channa , horsegram etc . Making sprouts at home is very easy …i will soon share a post on how to make sprouts at home.I am sure it will help beginners . As we all know how healthy sprouts is.. we must include limited quantity of sprouts everyday in our diet in some form or the other .I have shared before sprouted green gram salad .. today lets see how to make Moong sprouts curry . They taste yumm when served with chapathi / ubbu rotti / bhakri etc . Do give a try … i am sure you will like it ..… Here you go….
SPROUTS CURRY RECIPE / MOONG SPROUTS SUBZI / MOONG USAL RECIPE
- 2 cup Green Gram/moong, sprouted
- 1 big Onion , Chopped
- 1 big Tomato, Chopped
- 1 small Capsicum , Optional
- 2-3 Green chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp Turmeic / Haldi
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder, or as per taste
- 3/4 tsp Coriander powder / Dhania powder
- 1/4 ` tsp Cumin Powder/ Jeera powder
- Coriander leaf, chopped
- Lime Juice
- 2-3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds / jeera
- a big pinch Asafoetida/ hing
- few Curry leaff
Dry roast and powder
- 2 tbsp dry cococonut / kopra, cut to pieces
- 2-3 tbsp Peanut
- 1 tbsp Niger seeds / Uchellu / Gurellu / Karale seeds, ( if you don't have use sesame seeds )
- Steam moong sprouts in a cooker / steamer with a pinch of salt for 8-10 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai /pan and crackle mustard seeds and add hing,jeera and curry leaves .Saute for half a minute.Add chopped onions , ginger garlic paste and green chillies and fry until they turn translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and capsicum ( optional ) and saute till tomatoes are mushy .
- Add haldi , red chilli powder , dhania powder and jeera powder . Saute for 1-2 min .
- Add steamed sprouts . Combine everything well . Add salt , water .. cover and cook for 3-5 mins .
- Mean while dry roast kopra ( dry coconut ) , peanut and niger seeds . Allow to cool Make a powder of these 3 ingredients in a mixer .
- Add it to the curry .Mix well and taste test . You will see that curry now starts to thicken . If required add salt / water / any other masala .if you want you can add litlle garam masala powder too .
- When the sprouts curry has boiled nicely and reached desised consistency .. add chopped coriander leaves and squeeze lime .
- Sprouts curry or North karnataka style moong usal is ready to serve . Enjoy it as a side dish along with chapathi or ubbu rotti