Strawberry Jam recipe | Homemade strawberry Jam without any preservatives | How to do Homemade strawberry jam with step by step pics | Easy Indian style Strawberry jam recipe |
Are you a strawberry lover? Then you must make this easy 3 ingredient Strawaberry Jam Recipe before the season ends. Once ready, you will be surprised to see the jars emptied sooner than you anticipated and no one would believe it’s homemade. The best part it has no artificial colors, no artificial flavouring agents, no pectin… no preservative.. still stays good easily for 1-2 months in refrigeration and tastes fingerlickingly good !!
Making of Strawberry Jam is very simple. You simply throw strawberry, sugar into a pot and it cooks down to a jammy, very good consistency and colour, flavoured beautifully naturally from the fresh berry. But yes it calls for your attention to stir between and not to overcook them. If you cook more, it will become very hard and sticky after cooling. So be all eyes near its final stage… just like Tomato Jam.
So… are you ready to give this homemade Strawberry jam a try ? I’m sure you’ll enjoy the cooking process as you see the jam turning like jelly and resembling just like bought from the store ..
STRAWBERRY JAM RECIPE / HOMEMADE STRAWBERRY JAM RECIPE INDIAN STYLE
- 30 nos strawberry
- 1 cup Sugar
- less than 1/4 tsp Citric Acid crystals /Nimbu ka phool / Nimbu uppu
- 1/2 no Lemon
- Put a stainless steel plate / spoon in the freezer.
- Wash, discard leaf and pat dry strawberry to remove any moisture.
- Slice the strawberry thin and transfer it into a pan or kadai.
- Add sugar. Combine.
- Keep the pan on medium heat .. you will see that sugar starts melting. At this stage, squeeze lime or add few crystals of citric acid ( nimbu uppu). This helps in preventing crystallization .
- Keep stirring in between for 3-4 mins. Strawberry will start leaving juice and would have started softening. Mash well to get a smooth consistency. I used pavbhaji masher to make the process easy.
- Continue to boil for another 7-8 minutes on medium flame... jam starts thickening slowly .
- As it thickens,stir consistently and reduce the flame. Make sure not to overcook.The froath will start reducing too .
- To check the consistency, Method 1- Spoon test . Take out the spoon from freezer. Dip the cool metal spoon into the mixture and make sure the mixture doesn't drop off. If it does .. continue to cook further.
- Method 2 : Take the cool plate from the freezer . Drop little jam on to it . If jam is not dripping and sets .. that mean's it's done .
- Switch off. Allow to cool . Jam becomes little bit thicker as it cools down. Transfer into clean sterilized glass bottles.
- Enjoy homemade Strawberry Jam as and when required for toast , sandwich , bun , chapathi etc .
- Amount of sugar can be adjusted based on the tartness of strawberry .
- You can increase the quantity of jam proportionately .
- No need to puree Strawberry . I just finely slice strawberry or chop fine and use. Little chunky is ok . However, if you want to skip mashing step .. you can puree.