Chutney is one of the crucial category in Indian cuisine. There are so many types of chutneys one can make. Among the long list of different chutneys today.. I have for you all one easy and simple chutney – Tomato chutney without Onion – Garlic. With just a few basic ingredients one can make this easy and tasty chutney. Tangy and spicy it tastes absolutely lips making with Idli , Dosa..with anything and everything…
There are so many variations for Tomato Chutney recipe and guess what .. each taste so different and tasty from one another. I have 4 -5 different recipes for making Tomato chutney. Few months back I have shared Tomato chutney version 1 and today its another quickie, easy and yummy variation.
Do try this versatile chutney and enjoy
Check Out the Video recipe here :
NO ONION NO GARLIC TOMATO CHUTNEY
- 3 nos Ripe Tomatoes
- 2.5 tsp Split black gram/ lentil urad dal
- 1.5 tsp Bengal Gram Chana Dal
- 4 - 5 nos Red Chillies
- few Curry Leaves
- pinch Hing /Asafoetida
- to taste Salt
To temper :
- 1/2 tsp Mustard
- Few Curry Leaves
- 1+1 tsp Oil
- Wash and chop tomato roughly.
- Heat a pan adding a tsp of oil.Add red chillies, chana dal , urad dal, hing and curry leaves.Saute for few minutes till the lentils turn golden brown.
- Once dal turns golden brown add chopped tomatoes and little salt . Saute for few miuntes till tomatoes turns mushy . Addition of salt speedens the mushying process of tomatoes .
- Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down. Then transfer it to mixer along with salt. Grind to a fine paste. Add water if needed else moisture from tomatoes is sufficient to grind .
- Yummy tomato chutney without onion garlic is ready to serve. Finally temper it with mustard and curry leaves and serve with idli , dosa, chapathi ,paniyaram ,bread , rice etc and etc.