If you are fond of Mushroom and cheese .. i am sure you are going to love today’s ” Stuffed Mushroom Recipe ” . It’s fancy , delicious .. yet simple to make . This Stuffed Mushrooms recipe is an appetizer recipe and fits best for get together party’s / after school snacks / tea time snacks . There are many ways one prepare stuffed mushrooms and this is one easy method . Kids will love this Cheesy stuffed mushroom as it has an Italian flavor and their favorite cheese topped on mushrooms and baked to perfection . A perfect kid friendly as well crowd pleaser .
Mushroom inspite of being a very healthy veggie, is banned in many Indian houses for some reasons. Growing up i had never eaten mushroom. Even after marriage i had never experimented with this veggie. It started entering my kitchen only i guess from last 2-3 after my daughter said ” Amma .. i love mushrooms.. why don’t you buy it ? “. From then started my google research’s for few simple mushroom recipes ,my trials, flops and finally successes. And now i can say i know few yummy mushroom dishes. I have shared before Cream of mushroom soup , Mushroom pepper masala , Mushroom matar , Mushroom tikka and today this Stuffed Mushrooms . Do try this very delicious Stuffed Mushrooms recipe and share your feedback .. Here you go….
VEGETARIAN STUFFED MUSHROOM RECIPE / STUFFED MUSHROOM RECIPE INDIAN STYLE
- 10- 12 nos Button mushrooms
- 1/4 tsp Pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Cheese As required, Mozarella / Cheddar
- Olive oil as required, For seasoning mushrooms
For the stuffing
- 1/2 cup Onion, Finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Capsicum, finely chopped
- 3-4 flakes Garlic, Finely minced
- 1 Green Chilli, ( optional)
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli flakes / pepper powder
- 1/2 - 3/4 tsp Oregano powder / Italian spice blend, as required
- 2 tsp Butter
- Wash and clean the mushrooms . Separate the stems from the mushroom caps. If the mushroom caps are not that deep , using a back of a spoon gently scrape and widen it .. so that the cavity becomes little big and it is easy to fill later .
- Finely chop the mushroom stems and keep aside. Chopped mushroom stem will be used later for stuffing .
- In a small bowl take some 3-4 tsp olive oil ( If you want can use more ) . To it add little salt ,pepper powder and 1/4 tsp of italian spice blend . Mix
- Arrange the Mushrooms on a baking tray . Pour little spiced olive oil on each mushroom and rub them nicely such that each mushroom gets a nice oil coating . Keep aside the seasoned mushrooms till stuffing is ready .
- Heat butter in a pan . Add onion ,garlic and green chilli . Saute till onion is translucent . If you are doing for kids , you can skip green chilli .
- Once onion is translucent , add finely chopped capsicum and mushroom stem . Sautee . You will see that mushroom would release moisture . Saute till it dries up ( for about 3-4 mins ) .
- Later add little salt , chilli flakes and Italian spice blend / oregano powder . Mix . Taste test . Add if extra seasoning is required .
- Stuffing is ready . Let it cool a bit .
Prepare Stuffed Mushrooms
- Pre heat the oven at 180 c for 10 mins
- Using a small spoon stuff each mushroom with little filling . Gently press to pack well .
- Top it with grated mozarella / cheddar cheese and bake it in an oven at 180 c for 10 -15 mins / till the cheese melts and starts getting slightly brown .
- Enjoy Stuffed Mushroom hot as your snack . You can relish it as such or serve it with any dip / sauce.
- Pick fresh and little big mushrooms . If the mushrooms are small in size .. it becomes difficult to stuff .
- For the stuffing instead of chilli flakes you can add pepper powder .
- Garlic gives a nice flavor for mushroom . So don't skip it . If you want you can add little basil leaves powder too for extra flavor .
- Serve hot to enjoy the dish max as it becomes soggy after it gets cold .
- You can bake them in air fryer too ..