I often make different types of wraps i my home as every one loves them and its very handy , mess free and a good dish to sneak in veggies . So today i have all for one healthy Veggie Salad Wrap recipe with step by step pics . A delicious and healthy recipe .. these Indian Veg Salad Wrap will be surely loved by kids , adults and all . Its so colourful, easy to make, super tasty and kind of grab to go food.A very good and filling dish for summer too .
This Veggie Salad recipe is made by filling the Tortilas / chapatis with a melange of vegetables like lettuce, cucumber, Carrot , Onion capsicum and onion .Toss in your choice of veggies, mix it up with a cheesy dressing and stuff inside a flatbread and you are set! For the cheese dressing you can use cream cheese / mayonise / hung Curd . In the below recipe i have used hung curd .. you can use as per your choice . A basic tossed salad becomes a lot more appealing and filling with these delicious ‘Veggie Cheese Salad Wrap’. Filled with lots of veggies these cheese salad wrap is super healthy. Even the fussy kids wo hate salads would love this wrap. Do give a try!
VEGGIE SALAD WRAP RECIPE / INDIAN VEG WRAP RECIPE
- 4 nos Tortillas / phulka
- 1 cucumber, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, finely shredded
- 1/2 cup cabbage, finely shredded
- 1 Red Yellow and green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 Onions, thinly sliced
- Iceberg lettuce, as required
- 3 tbsp cheese, grated or crumbled
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce or chilli sauce
- Salt to taste
- 3 tbsp Hung Yogurt/cream cheese/veg mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Black Pepper powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Chaat masala powder
- To begin making the Cheese Salad Wrap recipe, prepare the dressing.
- To the hung curd add minced garlic, cumin powder, chat masala, crushed pepper and salt to taste. Mix it nicely.
- In a big mixing vessel take shredded cucumbers, shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, sliced capsicum and sliced onions.
- To the shredded veggies add the dressing. Mix well and taste test. Filling for cheesy salad wrap is ready .
- On a griddle slightly warm the tortillas / roti without applying oil .
- The next step is to make the wraps. Place a tortilla on a clean dry surface and spread tomato sauce or chilly sauce on the it .
- Place few lettuce on the centre of the flatbread
- Now add 1 to 2 tablespoon of the cheesy salad mixture in the central part.Finish it off with some grated cheese. And roll it up tightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more wraps. Serve the veggies Cheesy salad wrap immediately.
- Serve Cheese Salad Wrap immediately and enjoy !!!